That’s a bit…unusual

too soft

6 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Shoot up. Drink in. Let the beatings begin…

Then come back to the drop D of Moon Baby?
:thinking:

5 Likes

Ohh no, Pounding out aggression, turns into obsession

6 Likes

:+1: Puppets was my first Metallica album. :metal:

5 Likes

I didn’t get into Metallica really heavy until Justice. Seems I missed the early ride, but looped back to the beginning after seeing them in concert a few times in the late 80’s. Looking back, I really feel Puppets was some of their best work -dare I say, best album. :metal:

5 Likes

And Justice for All and the Black are my favorites, I didn’t jump on early either

5 Likes

I jumped on metallica very early on and justice is still my favorite album. Probably because of my love for Dyers Eve.

6 Likes

:flushed:

7 Likes

Had to look it up. :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Well that too lol

7 Likes

Same here. I saw one of their documentaries and they talked about the early days. At that time, it was a competition about being loud and hard. However, they really started to show their true musical talents post-Puppets in my opinion. The later albums were more refined and had more depth to the vocals, music, and song writing. Some of the early hardcore fans didn’t like it and called them sellouts, which I didn’t agree. They were just evolving with adulthood and as musicians.

6 Likes

Their musicianship definitely suffered after the money. Cliff dying didnt help as he was also a classical musician. I’ve tried listened to newer stuff but it’s mostly just them going for the cheap hooks. Puppets and Justice were so much more harmonically rich.

6 Likes