My 80% AR10 šŸæ

I got a Polymer80 Warrhog 308 Iā€™m going to finish out as a temporary lower. We shall see how it holds up to the beating.

1 Like

Yikes! What a nightmare!

I did an 80% dpms 308 from 5D Tactical. Their multi-platform router jig pro completed their 7075-T6 lower with ease. The jig is really nice. Thereā€™s a router plate with a robust bearing and the side plates have steel reinforced drill guides. The only real issue I had was needing to get a mini-router because the router that I had was not compatible with their router plate.

Not sure if their jig will work with your lower specifically but I canā€™t imagine it not working if it is a dpms compatible lower. The jig mounts to the lower with the front take down pin and the buffer tube.Assuming the width of your lower is approximately that of other lowers then I canā€™t imagine there being any problem at all.

4 Likes

The 5d jig is the best one Iā€™ve seen
You do have to buy a compatible router if you donā€™t already own one
Iā€™ve seen lowers completed in 40 mins with it
Itā€™s a bit messy though if you donā€™t hook up a vacuum source

3 Likes

It took me longer than 40 minutes to completeā€¦

I used a really old Craftsman variable speed drillā€¦ which drilled really really slowly. Also the 7075 aluminum is quite hard so I found that shaving off a very thin layer (1/16" or less) at a time worked best for getting a really clean finish.

I made a video of my experience.

I plan to add other videos of my build up of my 80% AR-15 and AR-10 (or is it LR-10? DPMS-10? AR-308?) as I finish producing them.

1 Like

Excellent
Iwill give it a watch

1 Like