My Favorite Revolvers... What's Yours?

why does the thumbnail stuff not work anymore… wth?

15 Likes

^ All day long. Epic wheel gun. I hope one day I’ll have the $$ to get a nice 19th century example. In the meantime I’ll take my replicas.

14 Likes

41 mag S&W

12 Likes

S&W Model 3 in 44 Russian

but would settle for

14 Likes

Colt Anaconda
:spook:

12 Likes

Some years back I shot PPC with a Colt Trooper III. Then I spotted this little lady in a used pistol cabinet. What a honey. 1955ish S&W M-14 6" .38 Spl. Target Masterpiece DA. Never before or since had a better single-action trigger in a pistol; darned nice DA as well.

Accurate enough that I still small game hunt with it occasionally and MANY chicken coop raiders have met it to their misfortune.

15 Likes

I also like ugly ducklings.

14 Likes

Colt trooper MKIII

12 Likes

Ruger Redhawk .357 5 1/2" barrel 8 shot cylinder.

Ruger Blackhawk .357 4 5/8" barrel 6 shot cylinder.

Absolute favorite:
Smith and Wesson model 640 .357 magnum 2-1/8" barrel 5 shot.
Loaded?
Oh yes.

14 Likes

Of course the Python is up there but I had bought the Diamondback for my Pop on his 60th birthday.
That’s my favorite for ever.

17 Likes

I like the grips on that .22 @mjrfd99. Is that a Challenger or Woodsmen?

10 Likes

Woodsman. Handed down from my Grandad to my Pop then me.
The grips are a name brand I don’t remember which but I’ll look later and post.

13 Likes

My only revolver is a Stainless Ruger Sec’ Six that I bought in the ‘70s as a comp’ and duty gun. Back then it wore open sights and my eyes were young, today it wears a MRD. I had a sweet 'smithed action back then and still does. But I just don’t shoot it anymore and it languishes in the safe.

10 Likes

But seriously, my High Standard Double Nine is my favorite wheelgun. Nice and accurate, no recoil, 9 rounds and a swing out cylinder that makes reloading a lot quicker than the single action jobs with a loading gate. Being able to fire this in single or double action gives you some great versatility with revolver training time as well. Took me a long time to find one for a decent price again after I stupidly sold my first one years ago. I’ll be keeping this one til they plant me in the dirt :wink:

My S&W 60 is a great little revolver too. I did a spring and action job on it and it’s a sweet shooter…just not much fun shooting full house .357 loads. Sets my tendonitis and arthritis off like dynamite. I make some real light .38 special loads that are fun to shoot though, so it still gets some range time.

14 Likes

Of the the ones I own, this is my favorite

Smith 586.

13 Likes

I like this one!!!

12 Likes

Ruger police service six. I have had an extra cylinder with work from TK Customs.
It now shoots 9mm well.

Then my dan wesson 15-2.

8 Likes

I have not handled near as much wheel guns as you guys but my favorites are:

Ruger GP100(needs aftermarket grips though,imo)

S&W 586 - dont own one but have shot one quite a few times now.

Colt King Cobra(.357 mag) - never owned or shot one but drooled a bit when I seen and handled one.

Ruger Vaquero (in .357 or maybe .45 colt)

Colt SAA - never owned,seen , or shot one but I’ve owned and shot various Italian knockoffs.

11 Likes

I did get to shoot a Colt python but it just didnt do it for me. It seemed too fancy and pretty. Nice shooter though but $3k is a ridiculous price. I prefer the Cobra by a wide margin.

10 Likes

S&W model 15. Shoots good. Been in the family over 50 years.
Next favorite is my Super Red Hawk in454.
Expensive to feed that beast though. Except when I reload.

12 Likes