My Favorite Shotguns

What are some of your favorites?

7 Likes

I’ve probably only ever shot a total of 5 different shotguns, maybe a couple more. I do know that my favorite was a Beretta semi-auto rental gun at a sporting clays range in Tunica, MS. Limited scope, limited results.

4 Likes

Benelli was the easiest shooting shotgun I ever used. Having said that I don’t own one. The Mossberg 930 is on the want list or if the JM pro does a tactical version it will be that model.
Ithaca in double barrel 20ga has taken a lot of grouse for my family and 37 featherlight 12ga has been on many a pack trip with me.

4 Likes

None of mine are on my top 5 list.

I think I am a Shottie Snob. I need to win the lottery.

Citori White Lightning or similar.

4 Likes

so this was top 5 i own, not a wish i had

4 Likes

Remington 870 12
Remington 870 20
Reminton 1100 12
Remington 1100 20
Browning Citori 12
You see a pattern here I have shot Mossbergs and other brands and just like the actions on Remingtons better.

4 Likes

Savage 24 20ga mag/22 mag, it’s shot a lot of meat over the years. I just inherited Dads 870 so there may be a new top.
I thought about the Mossberg 500 I had as a kid, plum wore it out so I guess it can’t be my favorite.

5 Likes

Meant to post some pics and forgot. Stumbled into this one.

We have others, right now this one is the ‘Fav’ given the times. It has a God’a Grip Thick Cheek Pad for it that I need to put on. For walking around security I prefer it with 12 rounder drums, but the 20 would be great for taking out a horde on the front lawn. The other half likes the Folding Recoil Compensating Maverick 20" Pump with 8.

5 Likes

my Saiga doesn’t even crack the top ten, is ti cool, yeah sure but it is all way down hill after that

3 Likes

Yep it ain’t for hunting. Strictly home defense and kicks and giggles. Brother in law has a Vepr. (better) for the same reasons. Mag dumping into a horde trying to over run us. Kind of a trench gun upgrade if you will. Till I get a new Turkey, Goose, or Clay blaster it’s the fun gun, really not even good enough for 3 gun in my mind. He wants me to do to it what I did to the Vepr 308. That thing is sweet.

I agree there are much better competition shotties out there nowadays, and it never was for hunting. For clearing a horde? I think it will work.

It sure is Fun AF :joy:

4 Likes

heck yeah, will flat chew through some plywood for sure… which you might not want to do now days what with the price of lumber

4 Likes