My first AR is a pistol

The buffer tube on that pistol is real short like 3.5-4"

9 Likes

Yep, and the worldwide plague started officially how many months ago?

8 Likes

I have a LAW gen 3 on a 556 pistol, works good but you have to press the release button to open or close, doesn’t snap into place. fits in a small backpack with a 3" forwarder on the muzzle. Also have the Sylvan Gen 3, haven’t installed it yet but looks like a good unit. Like it better then the LAW for install/ function, but like I said haven’t put it on anything yet.

10 Likes

I have a bit of a different experience so far (not fired yet). With lube, it’s possible to close the hinge without pressing the button, although to open it you need to press the button.

I got the LAW version because it’s made of steel, instead of aluminum.

9 Likes

I greased mine up, still didn’t close, maybe I’m not trying hard enough! Thought about filing it a little bit.
What I don’t like about the LAW is needing that funky butterfly tool to install. Also have to partially disassemble. And locktight, bent the butterfly and it still worked loose the first time.

Now I have to put the Sylvan on something, the steel vs aluminum challenge.

9 Likes

I ordered a Sandman S silencer from Silencer Shop. Let’s see if the Democrats will ban it before I can take possession, like they did with my Franklin Armory Title I.

6 Likes