My gun/review room

Let me try this again🤦‍♂️ We have been in need of a room to record content in when the weather is bad, sun is to bright or it’s just plain to hot or cold. I have a space dedicated to working on and cleaning my guns, reloading and storing parts and tools. We have tried recording here before but the sound quality was horrible.
I have decided to put a lot more effort into this room in 2020 and wanted a place I could show some of the changes. We need a clean environment that can serve as a work space and be able to record. So the first step is sound deadening! This is only the beginning and I’m about a 1/10 of the way finished! UPS will be delivering a lot more boxes that feel empty in my future lol I was thrilled to finish this section. We decided on Velcro to stick the pads to the ceiling and boy was it a royal pain! Our thumbs will be soar for days lol

11 Likes

Congratulations,

lol, sound deadening… for you?

weird :joy: :joy:

I once did an entire room with that stuff for a customer, its very effective, very cool, it will certainly work for you.

6 Likes

You will find it’s worth the time and effort. However, it’s going to add up fast with lighting, you want around 6k lighting. Sound, do yourself a favor and don’t cheep out there, I use blue yeti. Editing software also adds up fast. There’s free stuff that will get the job done, but not great.

I’m about to upgrade my studio as well, expanding it, and will likely add sound board as well.

6 Likes

I’m trying to decide on Aperture 120 or the Godox so 60. Probably will go with two godox for now. Mics I want something we can boom out the frame. Right now we use two rode pro and their new mic looks promising. They also have one that competes with Sennheiser that in test I couldn’t really tell the difference with my ears. It’s a work in progress so I’ll see what other gear I can acquire as time goes on

4 Likes

This is what I use
70503250_3445082425531879_7974957367554998272_n

5 Likes

That is clean! What arm are you using? Are you recording right back into that camera or using a recorder? I record back into camera with two of them and use a zoom for the 3rd mic

4 Likes

https://www.bluedesigns.com/products/compass/

https://www.bluedesigns.com/accessories/

For recording reviews I use the corel multi cam app which allows upto 6 different cameras and display captures while syncing them all together. Then I can edit them as one video and switch between the different cameras all in perfect sync.

2 Likes

Appreciate it! Thats one of the nicest arms I’ve seen!!

4 Likes

Taking my suppressor banners and turning them into sound absorbing panels. Now they will look cool hanging and serve a purpose

6 Likes

Now that is cool, I just ordered 48 panels to help with some slight echo in my studio.

3 Likes

One project finally checked off my to do list! I’ve been wanting to add some peg board over my work bench to organize my gun tools and finally wrapped it up this afternoon. Now to order some black hangers and go shop @brownellsinc for more needed tools. This room has so much going on in it was nice to get 1/4 of it straightened back up lol
#gunroom #workbench #reloadingbench #reloading #gunbench #bureauofpropaganda

6 Likes

Personally, I like slat wall better, but that’s just me. With that said, the bench is the bomb.

1 Like

Plan was gallowtech but they didn’t have the correct size. I had this sitting in one of my buildings and could be cut to fit perfect so decided to put it to good use.

2 Likes

Looking good @SuppressedNation_Chris :+1:

3 Likes

@2a_jedi on Instagram got me motivated and I finally got the video up for the #dyi #acousticpanels using banners from #suppressor companies! I’ve got a lot more to make and more panels to add to my ceiling but it’s coming together! I haven’t had time to load it to Full30 yet so here’s the YouTube link. I’ll swap it to Full30 once I get it uploaded there.

3 Likes

Just wont be happy till the world is quiet will ya? :rofl:

2 Likes

I try lol silence is beautiful

2 Likes