More deleted

Deleted

Take a picture of them and the package they came in. Could the extractor be getting in the way of the gauge seating flush agents the face of the bolt? If memory serves the head space gauge for that cartridge should be short compared to a cartridge style head space gauge.

Yeah James, everything looks good in the pictures, I’m guessing that there is no grease, debris, or abstraction on the face of the bolt or the breach of the chamber? The gauges are cheap, but look like they should work.
Is the bolt a match to the action? Do they have the same serial number?

P.S. check your gauges.
Field gauge 0.076"
NoGo gauge 0.073"
Go gauge 0.064"
Gauge diameter 0.562"
Firing pin clearance 11/64"
Extractor notch 1/4" x 0.180"
Hold all tolerance to 0.0005”

A simple dial caliper should do fine. The rifle is most likely fine, but it’s always safer to double check

I would be far more concerned if the action closed on all 3 gauges.

1 Like

That is entirely possible. Does the rifling go all the way to the end of the muzzle? If it stops short by an inch or two it has definitely been done.

That’s all good news! Hit the wife’s action area with a hair dryer “ out doors for your sake ” on the chamber and that will aid in the removal of the cosmoline.

1 Like

Good idea! I was going to use the trash bag + newspaper trick out in the car’s trunk in the hot Texas sun. :slight_smile: