My Maadi Helwan Brigadier adventure

Well, everything goes with black. But personally, a navy blue or OD green looks good with wood grips as well.

6 Likes

I was thinking about a slightly dark navy blue actually. :+1:

4 Likes

Calling all generous helpers. I’m calling for my fellow 2A’ers to give me a hand. I’ve spent every day since I bought this to try and locate my pistol’s DOB and or year or mfg based on the serial # and have come up empty–I even asked someone in Egypt if they had any suggestions and etc and he came up empty and suggested I contact the manufacturer (is that even possible?). I’d be grateful if someone could give me some assistance or some new ideas? I’m almost at the end of the rope here and all out of fresh ideas. It looks to be one of the earlier batches of INTERARMS imports and of all of the ones I’ve seen for sale and pictures of them online from US owners shows serials higher than mine–mostly 112XXXX and higher for the Egyptian made variants.

3 Likes

While not always successful the guys at Guns & Ammo do this stuff or people frequently. If all else fails and no one offers a better idea (I have none) send them an email with a photo of the gun & S/N and any info you have. They may be able to help and you might get your gun published in mag.

Don’t have that email address right now but if I find my hard copy mag I’ll find it.

3 Likes

email is gaeditor@outdoorsg.com

Worth a try.

4 Likes

Thanks mate.

3 Likes

Email sent. Cross fingers…

4 Likes

No reply from Guns and Ammo. Not surprisingly.

Also my first range visit was terrible. It doesn’t seem to be very accurate or I need more practice with this platform. My Star and even Makarov are very accurate by comparison. And since I had to buy an aftermarket mag naturally it was trash. After the first mag of ammo, yes the very first, the mag got stuck when attempting to remove it. Even the gunsmith on site couldn’t get it out. We had to both pull on it and the pistol together to get it out bending the follower. I suspect the mag follower came out on the last round fired and caught on the frame thus not being able to be removed.

So I’ll buy a factory mag and try again. If I cannot squeeze some respectable accuracy out of it the safe is where it goes and stays.

4 Likes

Hey There,

Nice post about your Helwan it’s a really nice one! I myself am into the Beretta 1951 / Helwan platform myself.

I’ve even took it upon myself to manufacture modern style locking blocks for the Helwan and bring them back on the market.

If anyone is interested send me a E-mail : Wess-zakelijk@hotmail.com

6 Likes

Where’s this part go on the gun?

I don’t know a thing about these, you should do detailed introduction and post your web page rather than email, if no web page set up in the market area with prices after your intro :+1: and people can PM to purchase

7 Likes

@Robert:

Right where my thumb is pointing. They are notorious for cracking.

5 Likes

Thanks, I have no Beretta experience

4 Likes

I was think the same thing

6 Likes

[quote=“Robert, post:27, topic:6355”]
you should do detailed introduction and post your web page rather than email,

7 Likes

If you guys want to lean more about this and just what Wess13 had to go through to build these , then I would suggest that you please check out this link…

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1072355-Helwan-Beretta-1951-aftermarket-locking-block-project

2 Likes

we are not saying he isn’t viable but with out him introducing himself and a post out of the blue to “sell” is a spam post and gets treated as such.
He is Dutch and has quite a few different firearm related items including a suppressor adapter for a TT33.

5 Likes

GOTCHA !!!

Now I better understand what you meant by your earlier post Sir .

5 Likes

There are probably some knowledgeable folks over on The Beretta Forum that could help you out. Start here in the FAQ on 1951’s:

https://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=139048

4 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: From Across the Sea

3 Likes