My Polymer80 G19k build

Well, as was mentioned in my introduction post, my second P80 build involved taking a PF940C and chopping the grip to G26 length. I choose the ready mod frame so that I could have a border around whatever I did for texturing. I call it a G19k with the “k” standing for kurz.

Here are pics with an OEM G26 mag and with a Magpul 12 round mag.

The stippling is the second texture I’ve put on it. The first one looked good on a flat surface, but didn’t translate to curved surfaces too well. I still need to touch up the border some.

10 Likes

But…

whats kurz stand for?

slang for curse, as in all the cursing you did to stipple that?

How long does that take?

4 Likes

Kurz is German for short. You used to see it in some ammo designations.

I just restippled it the other weekend, and I think it took about an hour and a half to two hours. The biggest help was wearing a motorcycle glove on the soldering iron hand, and resting the base of my hand on a bench block.

5 Likes

What’s the cost roughly?

4 Likes

Looking great!!! How does it shoot?
And what will live on the slide?

5 Likes

It all varies based on what deals you may be able to find, but as a rough estimate based on what I’ve been seeing…

Frame - $120
Lower parts kit - $60
Slide - $180-200
Slide parts - $90
Barrel - $100-150

Of course, all these costs can go up based on what you want. Threaded barrels, fancy slides, tricked out triggers all will increase the cost. As with all builds, it’s not really about saving money over buying OEM, but if you want to upgrade parts, you can just buy those parts without having to have an OEM part laying around after replacement…and of course, if you do frame mods yourself instead of sending it off, that will save you money.

3 Likes

It shoots fine. The shorter grip doesn’t bother me.

Chances are, it will probably end up with a Holosun 507C on it. It’s a Brownells slide cut for an RMR, so I need something with that footprint.

5 Likes

Although I am not a fan of the Glock I work in them daily
And appreciate the reliability that they offer
But the price point on them is stupid
They only cost that much because it’s such a fan boy pistol and most folks believe it’s the do all end all

5 Likes

I’m not a fan of Glock either, but I appreciate the ability to get parts and mags easily.

5 Likes

Did you use a tool to cut your borders in your stippling
Or the soldering iron ?

4 Likes

Soldering iron. I think I’m going to go back with a file to try and even it up.

4 Likes

wood burners have different bits you might find helpful for making lines or testing patterns

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m just trying to use what I have. I have seen some very nice patterns done with wood burners.

3 Likes

Next time you walk through a home depot or similar I think they’re around 10 bucks

I bought one to do this

7 Likes

My soldering iron has a straight tip, and this was my first attempt on this gun. It just wasn’t good enough for my liking, so I went with the microdot pattern.

5 Likes

cool, the pattern is there :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah. I liked the look and feel when I tried it on a sample piece of kydex.

I just didn’t execute it well on the gun.

3 Likes

Man that looks good! I want to build me a p80 1 day!

4 Likes

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Polymer80-BuyBuildShoot-Full-Size-BBS-Kit-–-PF940C-G17-9mm_p_11400.html

4 Likes