Name a firearm you like, but no one else does!

redlemur:

actually, I purposely left it out because I was not sure how to spell it and figured someone would mention it for me.

but, I think it is “Schofield”

Thx for keeping it real.

3 Likes

Thanks for noticing,ok ,not tupid, also not good at spelling.like never heard that before!
Spell check doesnt work for me cause it changes words when i publish.and really the problem id my attitude,i just dont give that much of a shit about spelling orr grammer for that matter!
I do afologized to everyome ,and hope you wil bear with me!

3 Likes

redlemur:

don’t sweat it. I try very hard to make sure my spelling is correct, but for those that don’t, it’s ok.

1 Like

How about the arisaka type99.

1 Like

Good thing i dont shoot like i spell

2 Likes

redlemur:

I wish I did!

2 Likes

.30 Cal longslide AMT Automag III. It is of modern stainless steel construction so it can handle hot loads not limiting it to weak surplus & commercial loads. It’s fun to shoot, shoots a fast .30 cal 110 grain round with a muzzle velocity of 1,990 ft/s, and 967 ft⋅lbf of energy when fired from the M1 Carbine’s 18" barrel. With proper handloads it can stay within 100 ft per sec of the carbine round from the Automag’s 6.4" barrel. That exceeds .357 Mag velocity and energy levels eclipsing all but the .44 Magnum. With modern cartridge technology this handgun is capable of taking deer and wild hogs at reasonable ranges up to 50 yards.

5 Likes

BRASS6591:

pretty impressive! congratulations on putting together such an effective handgun (and ammo).

1 Like

Well you sold me! What is the recoil like? 44Mag? 10mm?

1 Like

SP2022. Seems to be no aftermarket support, and I never see one in the wild. Simple operation, simple takedown, and has eaten every type of round that I’ve fed it. It stands well enough on it’s own, and can act as a “budget P226” for the price.

1 Like

My buddy in MO has one. Check southwestarms.com they had one not that long ago. My buddy loves his sp2002!

2 Likes

I’ll admit, there are technically better guns out there, something about my FDE SP2022 just does it for me.

1 Like

I love my Desert eagle, but there sure seems to be a lot of people that complain about it, online. It’s way too big, it’s way too powerful. It’s way too heavy. It’s way too expensive. It has no practical use. It has way too much recoil. Blah, blah, blah. Well, I guess that’s why it’s mine, and not yours. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Granted, the grip is very large. Most women or men with small hands will have problems gripping it. There is a fair amount of recoil, but proper technique will deal with that. It is heavy, over 5 pounds empty. It is an expensive gun, but you get what you pay for. Shooting it is expensive, perhaps $2.50 a round, but reloading brings that to about $0.35 a round.

3 Likes

Not sure how many folks like or dislike them, but I bought this Keltek PMR-30. Also bought the threaded barrel for it. Keltek says that their PMR-30 threaded barrel is not entirely compatible with a suppressor. Has anyone made this work yet?

2 Likes

I would have to say the Smith and Wesson model 916A stainless shotgun.

It fairly deserves the criticism it has gotten. However, it does one thing well that none of the others do. It survives in an actual marine enviroment. My uncle’s was still slick after nearly 40 years being covered in fish blood and salt spray with little more than speckles of discoloration, and the few blued bits being orange. NONE of the other so called stainless shotguns hold up like that, because they don’t actually have very many stainless parts in them. Dishonorable mention goes to the model 1300 stainless police marine that my father got around the same time for the same job. That had an aluminum receiver, which would be fine, – if the metalurgical illiterates hadn’t plated it with copper to make the redundant chrome plating stick. That caused serious galvanic corrosion which reduced a lot of the receiver to powder. The barrel from that gun looked brand new though. It was a superior grade of stainless for the application.

3 Likes

Good story and something to think about. Not all the big names have the best coatings.

3 Likes

I love my Mosin Naguant M44 , A true thing of beauty (in the eyes of this beholder)

3 Likes

^ This. I ask this all the time, especially during silly polymer vs steel debates.

Good to see someone else with Mosinitis.

4 Likes

I love mine!. It’s actually a lot more tame than the Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull. It looks and sounds scary but is not too harsh for small women to shoot. i have a video somewhere…

my odd firearm… an old H&R 1871 Topper Jr .410 shotgun. When i was 11, I saw two squirrels in the front yard. i grabbed my 410, loadeded one round and held three in my teeth. i opened the front door and they bolted… i took both, on the run, with 3 shots from a single shot 410. I like squirrel dumplings.

2 Likes