Name a firearm you like, but no one else does!

That’s one bad Brit! Get a bayonet for it while they’re cheap.

4 Likes

Pops case too - yeah classic. Just like my Pop was.
Bayonets in the small safe.
Top 10 show had the Enfield 3rd or 4th IIRC

6 Likes

funny how a border can change an opinion - back before the internet there was a big battle of .303 vrs 30.06 with the vast leaning towards .303. It’s not so bad now but a lot of people are now returning sporterized back to there original condition.

6 Likes

The Type 38 Spotter is a bit of an anomaly. The Japanese learned early on that it would much better to have a smaller round to dial in their big guns’ (artillery) trajectory. So someone came up with a carriage mount that bolted to the top of their artillery pieces.

In this mount you loaded the Arisaka Type 38 that was specifically made to mount in this carriage. They fired a tracer round out of the Arisaka and dialed in the big gun instead of wasting big rounds on it.

Of note is that there is no really marked difference between a Type 38 Long Rifle and a Type 38 spotter. The Main difference is that the spotter had a solid shaft inserted through the butt end of the stock where two screws run through the mount made for it.

I currently have two T38’s. One the spotter and a long rifle I traded for something from my friend Eric Gale. I considered replacing parts to restore the spotter (someone sportered it bad). However Myself and Eric Gale (Buddy from Rock Island Facebook Admin Group and local buddy) fired the T38 Spotter and it fires excellent.

I need to get some pics and upload them, they are very interesting rifles, indeed.

6 Likes

I can’t wait for the pictures!

4 Likes

If I ever to turn into a collector of shootin’ irons, it would be for .22 pistols.
There’s been enough weird rimfires to make for an intriguing collection.
Starting with the very neat Whitney Wolverine:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/775631215
Followed closely by the Ramline Syntec, (alias the Desert Eagle Mountain Eagle):
Can’t seem to find a decent picture of that one, though.

4 Likes

@g.willikers
Olympic firearms bought the rights and use to make and sell them. They had some financial trouble as of late, but they are still open. If they have one in stock I’m sure you could order one.(the Wolverine)

1 Like

See what you’ve just done

2 Likes

Full30 members don’t let Full30 members buy drunk

4 Likes

I’m not, I’m at work, AND my CFO (wife) was here, encouraging me

4 Likes

do you know how many guys would give their left, I mean anything to have a woman that would tell them to buy a firearm instead of not?

5 Likes

She’s awesome no doubt, bought me a Colt Sporter HBAR for Valentines one year, this .22 she said I have to use my own credit card this time :blush: ok I said, I’m going to give it to my Daughter for her 11th Birthday this month, you know, as much as you can give an 11yr old a pistol :wink:

This was an easy buy, priced way less than the only other one on GB https://www.gunbroker.com/item/769700820 and has the original box/papers, these are excellent shooters

4 Likes

Looks like a darn good deal! The kids should enjoy it too

3 Likes

Yep, both my wife and daughter will have one, their basically Walther clones, very well built

3 Likes

looks like a nice little All Steel well made pistol

3 Likes

Just got home and went to log in and pay, read the description for the first time,

(previously I just checked to see if they took credit cards)

Description

New in Box Made in Argentina Bersa model 23 Blue in .22lr. Small / Compact new in box from December of 1990.

SaWeet!

4 Likes

That’s a nice surprise!

1 Like

There is a firearm produced in CA.
A Hi-Point. And no, I dont like it. But this post is on behalf of someone who does.

Isn’t it beautiful?

And many people I know dont like the firearm I do like. It “infected” me. Can anyone guess what it might be?

5 Likes

looks like old typewriter gone bad

2 Likes

O man, please, thats worse than the Hi Point :worried:

Have you been contacted about your account?

2 Likes