Native Texan living in Hoosier land

Well, @ArmedEyeDoc, no matter where I live, I’m always a Texan. Don’t miss the year round summers though. It’s nice to have a little winter in the winter.

5 Likes

:blush::sweat_smile: @Robert, I just saw you gave me that title. Thank you!

5 Likes

We are all happy to have you here with us @RedAngel. Welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

Welcome

6 Likes

Welcome

5 Likes

Thank you, @Sarge4206th

5 Likes

Thanks you @switchpod

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Hoosier land? You arent in Indiana by chance are you?

5 Likes

Yes @DefenderBros , I seem to be stuck in this corn hole for now. No offense. Are you around these parts?

6 Likes

Yep! Up in Indy!

6 Likes

Awww. I’m West of you. Over near Terre Haute.

5 Likes

Terre Haute? Thats rough, not much to do out there.

6 Likes

You mean there’s things to do in other parts of the state?

I was up near Lafayette about 8 months before I came here. There wasn’t anything to do there either. But it’s not so bad. I don’t do much anyway. I just miss the trees. I’m from the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas. I’m used to not seeing my next door neighbors with all the trees. In Indiana you can see houses five miles away. There’s trees off in the distance, but as you drive towards them, they must keep moving away from you, because you can never seem to reach them. They are always off in the distance. Maybe it’s a mirage created by the corn fields.

6 Likes

Lol it very well may be a mirage. Well, theres the Dunes state park up in…well wherever the hell it is. Ive never been there but ive heard its nice. I think Top Guns(?) Is down around Terrible Haute somewhere. Downtown Indy has a booming craft brewery scene (if you can tolerate the hipsters). Of course, you cant talk about things to do in Indiana without mentioning the Indy 500 every May! But otherwise, it can be pretty dull.

5 Likes

Welcome! Capgun sounds like a good title. :joy:

5 Likes

I was born and raised in Houston. I have some great memories of hunting in Polk county, near Leggett.

5 Likes

yeah @58marine Polk county is a pretty county. I used to work there. Worked in many counties in TX.

5 Likes

Thank You, @Festus yes, I had no idea at my suggestion that Robert would take it seriously. In my case, its actually appropriate though. I like it!

5 Likes

Its not appropriated…its appropriate,and all yours :grin::grin:

6 Likes

Welcome, @RedAngel! You’re a brave native. However, as we’ve seen, there are much worse states where you could be living. {OK, I’m a biased old fart.}

HAGO!

4 Likes