Need advice

Hey guys, I’m a long time shooter who’s never been able to afford a “luxury rifle”. I’ve finally saved up enough money to buy one and I’d love some insight and opinions from you all. After tons of research I think I’ve decided on a BCM instead of a DD for home defense. I want to be able to buy the best rifle I can buy that will last a lifetime and keep me and my family safe until I pass and eventually give the rifle to my sons. What are the best possible versions of BCM available for home defense situations? Or if theres a better option than BCM or DD I’d love some input from people that really know their stuff. Thanks for your time guys.

15 Likes

And you settled on an AR configuration? :thinking:

Never looked at the LWRC DI?

I ask as if you’ve done research but not hands on you may want to find a range to rent or
maybe see if any friends have any you can check out

Not sure an AR is best suited but don’t know your home either, maybe perfect

Either way

Welcome!

15 Likes

This going to get a lot of hate but, I still think Colts are better rifles… My current one is 26 years old and has around 22k rounds thru it still is a great shooter.
LWRC DI - that Robert talks about are AMAZING rifles… that is true legacy weapons purchase.
As far as configuration for home defense AR15, i prefer carbine configurations. But, TBH with the advent of pistol AR15’s with the nice braces you can have a nice easy to maneuver 5.56 pistol that shoots comfortably with a shorter than carbine barrel.
For that I like the PWS diablo.

14 Likes

Welcome from KY. DD, LaRue, LWRC, BCM,all will be a great gun. For close quarters an AR pistol is much easier to manage.

16 Likes

I’d say a CZTSO is :crazy_face:

14 Likes

If you’re talking “inside your home” defense situation…you may want to consider this…with a suppressor down the road:

It’s what a couple of our local LE agencies have gone to.
No endorsement of the seller…just found it there.

18 Likes

Save some money and get a ruger. Use the extra cash saved for ammo.

15 Likes

Welcome from GA you don’t need some fancy new Luxury rifle a blunderbuss is all you need

17 Likes

welcome. i hope you get some good insight here. a little info will help. hunting or defense, or both. caliber? city or rural. , 1,000 pound bears or 200 lb predators. the joy of choices. close range, long range. variety is truly the spice of life.

15 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Long8888

I know almost nothing about AR manufacturers so I have nothing to contribute. Just saying hi and welcoming you.

15 Likes

Welcome @Long8888. BCM is a great choice for sure. I decided to use their BCG’s after watching a video on their in-house quality control procedures. With any upper-tier company, you are paying for that added quality control and tighter tolerances. I have fired my friends RECCE-16 and it’s a sweet rifle. You won’t be disappointed if you decide to go with BCM.

14 Likes

Welcome from near Raleigh NC

I have no idea about your ask. I have a budget AR from psa

Where u from, a/s/l? :wink:

What other pew pews u got?

14 Likes

Welcome @Long8888
Great to have you here with us at Full 30!!

14 Likes

i dug this littel pew out of the safe and am debating about carrying it. from 1959. my white trash family has shot at each other with it, before i got it. baby browning .25 , i can only get one finger on it for a grip, shoots well though. good get the fuck off me gun at bad breath distance. just not sure where to carry it. definlty not going to rattle around my pocket!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Long8888

Save yourself some coin and trouble and build 3 high quality Aero Precision AR’s for the cost of 1 one of those high dollar options. Trust me, you’ll be so much better off in the long run. :neutral_face:

14 Likes

Welcome from NC.

In my opinion, your DD AR is plenty good enough and will last pretty much forever with proper maintenance and no “oops” events.

I’d say either take your money and build an AR or three with your kids, or go take some training classes with them.

14 Likes

That’s what I did for my first build: M4E1 lower with a PSA Premium upper. Great rifle! The FN barrel will probably outlive me.

13 Likes

Sweet! :sunglasses:

I’m not sure when Aero started selling to the public, but I’ve used them near exclusively for the past five plus years. They offer a military/veterans discount for those so inclined.

12 Likes

Welcome from Utah. I personally believe shotguns are the best home defense but I would put the AR platform at a close 2nd. I’m not the most knowledgeable on the AR’s but I do have a few. I may put my hat in the ring on the Colt as well.

Here’s a picture of my home defense gun. The guy holding it is a friend.

14 Likes

Whoops, don’t know how the dog picture was included but oh well

13 Likes