Need some references, please

Ok Elena why did you pick the 6.5?

I’m eyeballing these but love my 300BO

https://davidsondefense.com/davidson-defense-ar-15-titan-assembled-upper-16-match-6-5-grendel-1-8t-416r-stainless-m4-barrel-12-remington-m-111-m-lok-handguard/

I’ve already exceeded 500 today and the deals don’t stop

1 Like

Basically all of the above. I want an all around rifle that I can use for defense, plinking, and if necessary, hunting. I am not in need of a competition rifle or super long range. If I can do 600, I’d be fine with that.

3 Likes

Because I wanted more than the .223/.556 and the 6.5 Grendel has excellent ballistics and is not expensive.

6 Likes

Did you weigh against 300BO?

You have a good start then. Consider a LaRue MBT trigger, best bang for the buck on triggers to be had, every bit as good as a SSA. Your trigger is about the second most important part of a good accurate AR build, barrel first and the Faxon should suit your needs well.
Stick with Magpul stock and grip and you can’t go wrong.

3 Likes

@EQuinn first off they buy in bulk for many upper builds that’s how they do it. You, I and every other one off builder get to pay a little more. @Tactical_Reviews had a very unique hand guard that can be customized, ( Mighty Woman) for example, that may be one option that I don’t think is any more money than what’s out there. As for stocks look at gunbroker to get an idea of pricing or one of the other biding sights to help with your parts.

6 Likes

Are you referring to Unique-ARs? https://unique-ars.com/ They are pricey, but worth it. The also come with a barrel nut.

3 Likes

That’s the one, pricing is on the upper end of handguards for sure. She could cut that in half by shopping and going run of the mill style.

4 Likes

I’ve had several of them. They look amazing.

6 Likes

That’s cool!! But way out of my price range :sob:

2 Likes

Only price, not ballistics.

2 Likes

I’ve used $30 floating hand guards from Ebay with zero issues.

3 Likes

I got the hand guard last night from the link @Robert posted. So all I need now are the stock, buffer kit, flash hider, and upper receiver.

4 Likes

Thats great news, please report on how that company is, service/quality etc, I’ve held back from any upper purchases throughout the day, the binary trigger episode hasn’t promoted enthusiasm

3 Likes

Check what I have. I do have some extra stocks.

2 Likes

I see grips and muzzle brakes. I don’t see stocks.

1 Like

Haven’t posted the stocks. Been busy with school work today

2 Likes

+1 on the M-LOK handguards. I love ours.

3 Likes

You can find them for $150ish if you look around. It also uses a stock barrel nut so no need to remove the barrel when installing it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3058159027/troy-industries-m-lok-battle-rail-free-float-handguard-ar-15-aluminum

1 Like

I personally would not run a $50 rail on a personal weapon… to me, I just do not see the quality. Big fan of Aero, Fortis and Seekins top quality and the mounting is secure.
One of the reasons I do not like 2A… hate the mount…
Hahhaha

3 Likes