Nefarious

I had posted this in the reviews section after watching it yesterday

I love to dissect everything and this was a great one to do so with, some of the content I could easily see as genuine, a claim from a demon they knew more religion than any man ever would, not at all far fetched for me, they were after-all cast down from a place many men don’t even believe exists.

One portion of the demon interview it was stated the purpose of man was to replace those fallen angels :thinking:

That never occurred to me, so I searched it

Has anyone else ever seen this idea presented?

5 Likes

No , I havent but it is obviously wrong , due to the amount of Angels was numbered that fell it was â…“ so there is a finite number.
The number of saints saved in Heaven John says could not be numbered.

6 Likes

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Revelation:7:9

5 Likes

Similarities betwwen Angels and Men is we are both created by God,

Do both have Freewill ?

It would seem that is true as the 1/3 that fell with Satan used freewill to sin and join in with Satan in a attempted Power grab.

Some say God created both Good and Evil
But Jesus said that the Devil was the Father of a lie .

If Jesus is the way the truth and the life .
Then it stands to reason that the Devil the wrong way, a lie, and Death. (Eternal Death).

So the Satan told the first lie .
To himself that he could ascend above God.
In that lie I believe he committed the first Sin.

What is sin ? That which is not Holy.
That which is contrary to God.

4 Likes

No intent to be contradictory but you said for the reason that

as a 1/3 fell, but IMO the justification that

does not make it an infinite number, the sands of the earth would be as I could guess impossible for us to number, but there is a number

I do

And don’t see room for a but

There’s not one there, right?

True, but its fair to say Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassmann are the fathers of fission, splitting atoms, creating atomic energy, but they only utilized what existed in their own method, they did not create the atoms or neutrons

Satan is the father of lies, but not the creator.

This theory that men were created to replace angels, its new to me, that puritan board link someone questioned it being the elect, I’m not certain that all saved are considered elect, that there’s not those saved and out of those some elect for another purpose or design

And the entire thing, God is all knowing, it had to be for a purpose that He allowed even Angels to betray Him

Not that any man can imagine the things of God but I’ve often wondered if hell does not in some way power heaven, to serve it for eternity, and that souls are not somehow required to actually work or supply hell with its fuel, like men tending coal in a ships furnace, so do those souls in hell tend the boilers of hell to power heaven throughout time, an eternal labor assigned justly, due to an angel or a mans refusal to obey the dictates of their creator, due to their own rebellions nature and freewill they chose that end for themselves.

I did not join the Catholic Church willy nilly, I understood, I surrendered to be subject to the will of God alone as I read it to be so in my 1611, the same book others use to do the complete opposite, why?

What is His purpose?

Is it to separate souls according to which ones will love and obey?

With that one single question in mind, and eternity at stake, I submit to the powers that be

As it would as I see it be more prudent to serve above deck than below it.

transgress means to offend or violate a law, and we know that we could never be made clean by any law

But it used to be required to go to the priest with your best sacrifice,

God had an order, priests were required

Do you think God abandoned order?

What is the sacrifice today?

Shall we think we don’t need His priests?

What is more nefarious than that father of lies who knows more than any man ever has, coming to us men as he also did to Adam and Eve, and saying you don’t need the Church as God ordained it, that ye shall surely not go to hell…

4 Likes

I understand where your viewpoint is taking play . But the fact is the law of Moses no longer is what we follow for salvation .

Earthly preist are no longer needed .
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
Hebrews:3:1
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
Hebrews:2:17
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Hebrews:9:11
Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
Hebrews:9:25For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Hebrews:9:26So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Hebrews:9:28
From this we see that the sa rifice for sin was already paid and the need for an Earthly mediator is no longer needed for we have a priest sat down at the right hand of the Father . Sin and the absolution of sin is handle directly between the penitent and Jesus for it is by the price of his sa rifice that he did once (because it was perfect) that it is not required again. Thus not putting him to an open shame.

As to God abandoning order one must first realize that the old testament was a foreshadowing of what Christ would do.
All of the preist work and the whole priestly duties now done away for those duties are complete and fullfilled in what Christ Jesus did just one time. How ?
By the shedding of Perfect Blood .
Not the blood of Bulls and Goats which never was perfect in that all though Bulls and Goats cant sin yet they are creation susceptible to flaws, bad hooves ,mange , fleas, ticks etc… Jesus was God and all Holy as is God .
And was Part of the Holy triune God . A bull or goat was not but the shedding of its blood and the sprinkling of said blood on the mercy seat by the Jewish High priest brought about a temporary stay of the punishment for the sins of the people.
Jesus shed his blood being a perfect being and sprinkled that upon the mercy seat in heaven thus performing a permanent sacrifice for sin. Once and for all. The order wasnt abandoned just completed.
Thus the sinner need only call on God for forgiveness of sin thrrough Jesus and it is granted…1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John:1:9
Romans 6:23 for the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life THROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord.

The living sacrifice speaks to how we as Christians should carry out our daily walk with Jesus .
So much here to say but alas I am at work. So I will let you have the floor.

No we dont need them anymore.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews:4:16

3 Likes

I chuckled as I’m also working but this is work too, and on a very large farm with fields ready for harvest, so I do what I can

In my opinion it is a mistake to delineate the old and the new testament as two separate entities, rather it is more appropriate to think of them like a day, do we truly have days?

Or is time constant?

Jesus Himself said He came to fulfill the law, to be “that” sacrifice, what else does He say?

I’ve presented before the idea that Peter performed the first sacrament of penance

Feed my sheep

and remit sins

Two things Jesus instructed the apostles to do, the early Church

Our new Christian religion denies those things that the older religion “Church” continues to do, feed the people though a mystery of faith and remit sins, it does it in an order, an order denied again, by the new Christian religion.

With as much pleading as I can do urge you to consider the nature of God, His order has always been from the first star hung in the heaven until… forever, He is order, the fact Jews were forbidden to mix cotton and wool, an order, and on and on and on, an order to everything.

The days are not individual, they are time perpetual, the old and new testament are also continual, there is no old and new, only time continuing, Jesus became the sacrifice, priests still do priestly things, Jesus is the high priest, then there’s an order of priests under Him, how can everyone be a priest?

Does a King not need a Kingdom, or a Priest not minister to those who need a priestly minister?

reign on the earth over who?

If we’re all priests and kings who do we rein over?

My point, order past, order present, order future, once you grasp that, then ask why you strive with a priest?

To do so only hurts yourself, keeps you from being a priest

Its not old an new, its all the same, and Jesus is right there, beginning, middle and end.

Its all the same, same God, same Son, same everything, just seen differently, why?

My personal opinion is the bible validates the church, that Sola scriptura is not possible, how can it be when scripture itself says so?

That’s in the new testament

And also in the new testament, a promise of a new religion 1500 years down the road?

One that frees us from the Church?

Promises we can all be priests?

I used to agree, no longer, I now am grateful for priests.

Though the one in the movie was surely lacking, good movie, hope you get to watch it.

3 Likes

The Prophecy was more of my thing. Christopher Walken nailed that role.

4 Likes

Thats going back a few, and I agree his acting style is pretty unique :+1:

4 Likes

The 90s dont seem that long ago but I suppose 28 years is a minute or two to some people.

4 Likes

Says who ? Its all in interpretation isnt it.
No need for sin remitting to b e done by a preist, Just Preachers.

3 Likes

That is talking about kings,magistrates etc… not about church heirarchy

3 Likes

The 90’s yeah been thete done that .

4 Likes

Here chew on this and tell me who’s right.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Longer version

2 Likes

Or this lets all run oht and obey all this. I call iver reach and Bullcrap…
Obey what you will. I guess its all up to each person isn’t it .
We live in a country that has a constitution that outline our freedoms should any of those outlined freedoms ever be regulated…ie. 2nd amendment …
No no no no no

2 Likes

Please digest slowly.

There’s some interesting things that occurred in the past so few realize

Before I share I wish to mention a bit from Revelation, surely in this instance you would choose, please ask yourself, to not comply, and to be killed…

as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed

… am I wrong?

Back to the past, you wish to deny Church hierarchy pertains to Romans 13,
yet who did the

submit to?

Meaning, if you ask someone for something, they enact a privilege and power to and over you, you’re submissive.

The King in England previously submitted to the Pope, until the Pope refused an annulment request.

What did the King do, he usurped the power of the Pope and made himself head of the church, how does this relate to Revelation?

Declaration as Head of the Church

On famously failing to receive from the Pope a declaration of nullity regarding his marriage, Henry had himself declared Supreme Head of the Church of England in February 1531, and instigated a programme of legislation to establish this Royal Supremacy in law and enforce its acceptance throughout his realm…

…Consequently, in Henry’s view, any act of monastic resistance to royal authority would not only be treasonable, but also a breach of the monastic vow of obedience. Under heavy threats, almost all religious houses joined the rest of the Church in acceding to the Royal Supremacy; and in swearing to uphold the validity of the King’s divorce and remarriage…

… Great efforts were made to cajole, bribe, trick and threaten these houses into formal compliance, with those religious who continued in their resistance being liable to imprisonment until they submitted or if they persisted, to execution for treason…

execution for treason for what, for not worshiping the beast

as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed

If you know your Daniel you know a Beast is described as a King

This is how the reformation began, a King instituted through law that all shall worship him as head of the church or be killed.

And yet when I asked you just now

surely in this instance you would choose, please ask yourself, to not comply, and to be killed…

Did you not say to yourself correct, you would not worship, you would instead be killed?

Tip of the iceberg, allow yourself to see it and you’ll allow yourself to see a great deal more

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Priest 1. A man who officiates in sacred offices

An office is a position of authority

Preacher. 1. One that inculcates any thing with earnestness.

A preacher is as reads, they are not synonymous terms and should not be assumed interchangeable or disregarded.

So, you can preach, or you can remit sins, or, you can, if ordained a priest, do both.

2 Likes

Re-watched the movie today, this time played till the end, which had a little Easter egg

TRANSLATION:
You have been weighed in the balance and found wanting… (cf. Daniel 5:25-28)
But you are stupid that you do not understand.
It is to be continued!

2 Likes

I Know the Pope up until Henry did what he did . Was holding complete control and sway over every person and soul in the realm. That is NOT what any supposed man of God is supposed to .
Of course the Logical is to see that is wrong.
"Submit to "
Yes in the early years of the church it was viewed as an afront to the Roman government.
In this passage he telling them the God had placed Ceasar in power and they should not try to usurp that power. In other words stay in the boat . If the Church stood any chance of being established in must not all be killed off , for that was what alot of the early christians faced…ie …being eaten by lions.
What I mentioned earlier about interpretations.
The problem persist in the Catholic church is the use of this passage to try and establish a control pattern upon parishioners…and upon local government and state and federal governments.
You viewpoints are strictly from the Catholic stance.
Despite the fact King Henry wanted a divorce and dispite his threats etcetera are you eluding that no one should have obeyed the King ?
The King was the ruler of the Land, God decrees the powers that be are you saying that historically and even now that the Catholics did not want to be in subjection?
Then who is damned and who is not damned?
They submitted but not willingly. 1 Peter 2:13
[13]Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
1 Peter 2:17
[17]Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

I dont imagine that the Pope choked that down to easy .

Cause for years then the Catholic Church was in the wrong. Henry’s actions to satisfy a personal misdeed were only an ancillary situation and Henry actually made them line up with the scripture.

Making them abide by
The King as Supreme .

2 Likes