New aspiring custom builder

Hello All,

I’m very new here and was told that there are some good 1911/2011 builders here. I was an advid follower of MOSINVIRUS, on another channel but his videos kept being taken down and attacked. I built my first 2011 80% frame with his videos.
After fitting a barrel or two from scratch and cutting rails the idea of buying a drop in part doesn’t interest me much. My Marine corps infantry brother calls it my “labor of love”. We were 0351’s.

So I am here in some part for camaraderie in some respects. I will share what I know and am looking forward to learning from many of you.

Thanks for letting me in.

CDG

11 Likes

@CJ-Gregory welcome to full30.

@Mosinvirus is a member here and we would never take down 1 of his vids. :smiley:

Thank you for seeking us out and enjoy full30. :+1:

10 Likes

Welcome from KY

10 Likes

Well you definitely came to right the right place, and

10 Likes

Welcome from California. I think we chatted on instagram.

10 Likes

Howdee

As a regimental Armorer, when we had excess 45 ammo to get rid of, we would clip the sears on 2 or 3, then go and burn up the ammo by sawing 4x4 posts down. Then I put them back in operation order.

Let me know when yo burn up a few barrels, just for fun.

8 Likes

Thanks all. Looking through my gear I found two more limited-10 80% frames that I forgot I had stashed. I will build them here. I’m really looking forward to it. I may have a lot of questions to perfect my building. Namely concerning increased accuracy and superb reliability.

I do shoot USPSA Limited 10 major with a Springfield single stack that I tricked out. Not a master yet but it’s fun.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

9 Likes

Welcome

9 Likes

Yeah, not usually an issue, you tripped the system alarm and were silenced by it for reasons I can’t even find :man_shrugging:

All good now, welcome!

10 Likes

Welcome… I LOVE 1911s! :beers:

8 Likes