New build starting

If I had time I would have offered the same.

2 Likes

The Full30 Gunsmith Consortium Unlimited Co, Inc, LLC…

4 Likes

Checked into the Stan Chen list and we are not on it
Sorry fellas

3 Likes

Appreciate you checking.

4 Likes

I’m getting one step closer to starting. The Matrix Precision Decking Jig is very adamant that you use a file with at least one safe side to deck the dust cover. I was pretty well resigned to grinding the teeth off of one of my bastard files, but I was at Home Depot yesterday and found a file that had one safe edge.

Now I can deck my frame when I get a chance.

4 Likes

They sent me there file when I made my order
I also ordered one and he sent me two

I did make a large purchase from him though
Glad you updated

3 Likes

@aberdrew13
Did your jig show up ?

3 Likes

Site says most orders ship in 3-5 days, so on the 6th day (Thursday) I emailed them asking for an update since I hadn’t heard anything. They apologized and said it ship out that day and I’d get tracking on Friday. I got that, and it is tracking as being delivered on Monday. Hooray for that.

3 Likes

Yes Scheumann makes commander barrels with Clark/Para/Lissner as well.

PC

3 Likes

Did it show up?

2 Likes

I’ve not been to pick it up yet. I mostly stay with my girlfriend, and Osiris won’t ship to an address that’s not the same as the billing address.

I got an email from 1911Builders today saying my slide has finally shipped. Once that gets here, I’ll be sure to update.

3 Likes

Picked up my Matrix Precision rail cutter today.

Does this look right compared to y’all’s?

5 Likes

don’t forget the 20v attachment

4 Likes

Looks ok to me have you checked the cutters to see what kind of shape there in

4 Likes

I only used this set up one time like this and it was only to return the carr forward
I didn’t like the feeling of how it cut with the drill
I preferred the hand crank

5 Likes

I have not. I just opened the box and then had to get ready for a Valentine’s date with my girl. I gave a quick glance, but that was it. Looks like it still has original grease on it.

I’ll check the cutters when I get home.

6 Likes

Cutters look new to me; no scratches at all.

Finished up my decking today. Sanded the deck to 600 grit.

My slide is supposed to be here on Tuesday, so I think I’ll wait for that before I start cutting the frame’s rails.

8 Likes

Just picked up my slide.

As you can probably tell, I’m getting ready to undercut the trigger guard. I’m debating how much I want to undercut it though.

9 Likes

Just a suggestion
Cut your rails and fit your slide first

There’s no point in doing all that work if your frame cracks during fitting

9 Likes

You raise a really good point…unfortunately, I saw it too late :rofl: My thought was to do the undercut first in case I trashed the frame going to deep.

All polished up to 600 grit in the last two pictures. As much as I can tell from a bare frame, I like how it feels in the hand.

11 Likes