New From Ohio

As everyone will immediately find out, I am a novice. I just recently became interested in firearms, but it is quickly becoming a growing passion. Please be patient with me as I am learning, but this community seems like a good group of people to learn from.

Thank you to @ThisOldGun for talking me into joining.

16 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!!! Stick around Sir, you’ll like it here. Lots of good info, people, and fun. We were all novices once too so no worries. Good to see you here @byzpilgrim!

10 Likes

welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome @byzpilgrim
Great to have you here!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum

6 Likes

Welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome to Full30 forum @byzpilgrim Good to have you here. We’re all here to help you learn, so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

If you’re a content creator on Full30, join
If you’re a podcast or wish to have a podcast, please contact me about linking up

Be sure to check out the list of content creators and give them a subscribe.

4 Likes

Come on in. The water’s fine. We’re happy to help you learn as much as you like. And, if you have any questions on how the platform works, feel free to ask one of the Range Officers.

Welcome aboard!

7 Likes

Welcome!!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Learning is half the battle.

7 Likes

Welcome to the Full30 forums.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum Brother!

7 Likes

Welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

This is a great place for newbies. You will find good people here, so don’t be afraid to ask questions.

What types of firearms and activities do you like?

7 Likes

@byzpilgrim

Welcome to the Full30 Forum. Plenty of people here would be happy to help you learn more about firearms.

Hope you enjoy it here.

5 Likes

I grew up shooting .22 rifles. I have, and like shooting, a Ruger LCP .380 & a Bersa Thunder .380. They’re nice handguns, I like them, but I’ve been looking more at AR-15 style rifles. I’m interested in target shooting and home defense & from what I’ve been learning, there’s really no comparison between an AR-15 & a pistol in terms of stopping power.

I’ve really only started becoming interested in guns in the past few years, after my wife and I have had children. I want to be able to protect them & I want my wife to be comfortable shooting as well. She never really liked guns, but likes the Ruger .380 now & wants me to get a rifle for home defense.

7 Likes

@byzpilgrim Its great that you were introduced to shooting early on. Some of us don’t get into it until we’re adults- so you have a one up. I agree that there’s no comparison when it comes to a battle rifle, but your .380’s are a great choice when it comes to concealment. I have a feeling that you’ll be looking into a pistol with a little more stopping power as time goes on. And KUDOS to you for getting the wife involved. Knowledge, safety, and fun never go out of style and it’s even better when you have the support and involvement of your spouse!

6 Likes

Yes, I do eventually want to conceal carry & my .380’s will be great for that. I also have been looking at different pistols. I like the Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm, but have read mixed reviews on reliability, and I’ve never fired one. I do want to get a 9mm, or something that I can get a conversion kit to fire 9mm & .40 caliber rounds.

6 Likes

Welcome to our humble forum, we all have to start, the company here is a great place to learn.

5 Likes