New From Ohio

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

5 Likes

@byzpilgrim

I am surprised you have the impression that the S&W M&P 9 mm is (potentially) unreliable. Granted, it is a semiauto, but all my experiences with them have been quite satisfying and with no reliability issues at all. The M&P 2.0 series is even better than the original. You may want to (re-)consider them.

5 Likes

I’m a fan of the M&P. Would I go to war with it? Eh… probably not. For carry and defense- yes. It sounds like you want one but have reservations. What about it in particular have you heard?

4 Likes

Thank you @JohnB. I haven’t ruled it out. I am still learning about all different kinds of pistols & have little experience. I do like the M&P & want a reliable pistol.

3 Likes

I’ve heard that the major concern is FTE. Some report up to 4 or 5 per 300 rounds fired. Those who have problems with FTE are written off for a limp wrist grip. Does your grip affect jams?

4 Likes

everything.

7 Likes

@byzpilgrim

I have easily put into the thousands of rounds thru M&P’s and do not recall a single malfunction.

If you are worried about grip, the M&P 2.0 series will help some with that.

4 Likes

M&P 2.0 9mm. I’ve had mine almost a year,&400+ rnds thru without issue so far

4 Likes

@byzpilgrim +1 for Robert’s MAC link. Grip truly is everything when it comes to how a pistol was designed to operate. Death grip = problems, especially accuracy. Loose grip= problems to include accuracy and function. Trigger time will find you a happy medium and you’ll learn to clear malfunctions quickly if the latter is an issue. (Always good training).

4 Likes

Wow. I feel stupid for asking now, but it makes sense.

1 Like

There’s no stupid questions here Sir.

4 Likes

Also from SW Ohio. Just testing posting. Shoot at CCFSA.

5 Likes

@jJeffm004

Welcome to the Full30 Forum.

Hope you enjoy it here.

3 Likes

Welcome @jJeffm004

3 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome from, hey wait you’ve been here longer… you should be welcoming me! :thinking:

PS> This post came from inside your house. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome, lots of people who are knowledgeable here

3 Likes