New german assault rifle?

I was issued a Matty Mattel M16A1 and other than the weight I hated the thing. I could use it well enough even on full auto, but maybe it was triangular handguard, I just didn’t like it. It felt frail. It didn’t feel like a rifle to me.

I REALLY liked the M14 but for me it wasn’t an option. I might like the M1 even more than the M14. I’d need to fire the M14 (or M1A) again to compare

7 Likes

But you have to admit it is low maintenance

6 Likes

Never shot one but bolt guns generally are pretty simple. Belt fed remembers when they first cameout. He was but a wee lad in 1836.

6 Likes

I hope we didn’t make him mad. Mine is all original, my wife gave it to me for a wedding present. Thinking about setting a scout scope on it but that may be a bit to bubba even for me

6 Likes

Belt fed dosnt get mad most of the time. He does cry a little and call cops but not in anger.

Why wouldnt you want to scope it?

7 Likes

Ruins the collector value, for one thing, if I go that route, I have to take it to a machinist around here as the receivers are so hard my LGS won’t touch it. I would have to go with a scout mount so I could still use the stripper clips. IDK just one of those things, but the front sight is bent so I can’t use it the way it is now.

7 Likes

never mind

5 Likes

confusing and wrong thread…

5 Likes

yep damn puter I was trying to answer you

6 Likes

Flagged

5 Likes

Youngsters. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Don’t tell me you stamped steel lovin younguns give it up. Russ, Tim or Robert should change the title the name of this thread to something like,“How to start a fight over the comparison of a stamped gun to a quality made rifle?” :rofl:

8 Likes

Why dont you rag on AKs the same way? They are not only stamped but made from trash cans… The obvious answer is that you are a commie sympathizer :eye:

6 Likes

But ummmmmmm you were the one who left, and this is the best you can come back with? For that I’m givein Lonewolf the Cayman bank account numbers, looks like he needs a couple of new rifles to fill that new bag of his.

8 Likes

He’s busy stashing his drug money untail the cartels pick it up later

6 Likes

Just decide if it’s a collector or a shooter. That’ll tell you what to do with it.

I had to make that decision with a real deal M1D. I decided that I’m not a collector but a shooter. So I accurized it and scout scoped it. It went from a 3" 100yd group to 5 shots into 5/8" and the rest of the clip opening it up to 1". It lost huge collector value but gained huge value to me. I had absolutely no use for a M1D that shot 3" groups. That was totally useless to me.

8 Likes

I am sort of leaning that way, mounting a 4x scout scope on it. But I go back and forth.

7 Likes

Their worse than H&K’s UNLESS it some of the variants.

6 Likes

You notice i did say younguns, that leaves you out. yer my age…i think. Joseph just been weined not too long ago. Man if feels weird calling him Joseph

7 Likes

OK my mistake

8 Likes