New Guy from North Alabama

Long time shooter and collector here. I’ve been shooting since the 1970s, and competitively since the 1990s. Currently, I shoot Cowboy Action Shooting, IDPA-ish, and 3 gun.

I load most of the ammunition I shoot. I’ve been handloading since the 1980s.

I work part time at a LGS, and enjoy the banter and helping people find just the right gun for them.

Anyway, glad to be here.

19 Likes

That’s all very awesome,

Welcome!

11 Likes

Welcome to Full30 forum @Alacharger Good to have you here.

Check us out at USgunBlog.com

If you’re a content creator on Full30, join
If you’re a podcast or wish to have a podcast, please contact me about linking up

Be sure to check out the list of content creators and give them a subscribe.

Dan

10 Likes

Welcome @Alacharger
Great to have you here with us at Full 30!

11 Likes

Welcome!

12 Likes

Welcome @Alacharger

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to share your expertise anywhere you can. We are all here to learn.

12 Likes

Glad to have you on the forum!

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Alacharger

11 Likes

Welcome @Alacharger good to see proactive shooters on the full30

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!!

10 Likes

Welcome, hope you enjoy the time here. do you guys shoot black powder at the cowboy shoots? or is it mostly 45 long colt.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Alacharger

8 Likes

Hi Belt-Fed, I shoot a category called “Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter”, which means I shoot with a revolver in each hand, and I use cartridges loaded with black powder or a substitute. A small percentage of the CAS shooters use black powder, most use that heathen smokeless. Quite a few shooters use the 45 Colt cartridge, but the most popular cartridge in use is the 38 special. When shooting black powder, I use 38-40 and 44-40.

9 Likes

Correction, that means you’re bad ass!

7 Likes

welcome

5 Likes

WELCOME! Takes my old brain a few minutes to catch on to some of the abbreviations. If I got it right, LGS is local gun store? That cowboy shooting sounds like a blast.

6 Likes

Welcome and glad your state had the guts to chase the ffrf out of there. Wish my state had the gumption to do the same.

DSA/dnc IS the enemy. Want proof, just look at California.

7 Likes

@Alacharger welcome to full30.

7 Likes

Welcome from KY

5 Likes