New Guy From Texas

Thanks, Jtallen83! Greetings back, from here in TX! You’re right… LIBERTY FIRST!

9 Likes

I didn’t respond correctly… learning, but here goes…

Haha! I had to find a cheaper way to hunt! Cheers!

10 Likes

Hi, Welcome from near Raliegh NC - how was it working for NRA shows? They’re not getting my support much anymore

9 Likes

Thanks, Gnull00!

I filmed one show for NRA-TV but still write on occasion for NRA American Rifleman. It’s important to note that the people working in the NRA are incredibly goodhearted, hard-working people who share our passions 100%. Those folks are not the leadership problem within NRA–most industry professionals wholeheartedly recognize this. Also, NRA Publications is exceptionally separated from NRA administration. They don’t have anything to do with the organizations administrative leadership, litigations, etc. except to include page space for messaging. NRA TV was also not a product OF NRA, it was a product created by a third party marketing agency contracted by NRA . So, on the one show I ran a camera on, “On Location” it was separate. I had no dealings with anybody except one agency rep and the host, a close personal friend who asked me to step in and film–and it was a one-and-done gig. While I’m disappointed with top NRA leadership, I still love the friends I have working within NRA. I was really disappointed yesterday when I got the news the NRA show was cancelled. Those shows, like SHOT, ATA, etc. are like family reunions. It was sad to see the NRA and so many companies get woke by this idiotic pandemic. I suspect the media paints my state as a leper right now to try to get us to bow to federal bullying. I guess now, we wait for SHOT Show. anyway, I hope that adds some perspective, at least on some good peeps within the NRA.

10 Likes

looks like essentially a boycott this year, so, its IMO likely do or die time as far as changing that

Its changed, I can unlock channel requests, make yours today and it will be done today

9 Likes

NRA… Hard to say. Friends in a number of the companies that pulled out cited the idiotic pandemic but they also aren’t running the goliath companies. My impression is that they got into woke-mode and buckled/bowed to the pandemic. Mainstream news says a lot of idiotic stuff, especially about us and Florida, and we still have a ridiculous bleeding artery on our southern border, including thousands with Covid. That may play into the mindset of those who pulled out–I’m only speculating. I think most who are anti-anything-NRA didn’t register to exhibit at all. Even fellow media that are at odds with NRA shenanigans were still planning to attend to cover product news, etc.

9 Likes
8 Likes

I saw that. Thanks, buddy! Got to knock the dust off my equipment now. Haha! Nice!

10 Likes

Please stick around here so I can keep you in mind for any opportunities :+1:

9 Likes

I will but I get stretched in multiple directions in my marketing and freelance duties so if I’m off the grid, so to speak, feel free to nudge me, too. I’m looking forward to learning and sharing here.

10 Likes

Welcome from Eastern Oregon

9 Likes

Thank you, sir! I appreciate that!

10 Likes

How AWESOME is it that I ran into you, unknowingly here! To anybody who reads this, I just found out ArmedEyeDoc was my eye doctor for years, and hands-down the best one I’ve ever had. I truly miss being under his care with my eye disease and talking concealed carries, shooting, etc. I hold ArmedEyeDoc in HIGH regard. It just made my day to discover this. It’s been years since we connected! If you’re ever in the Corsicana, Texas area, ArmedEyeDoc is the best doc around!

11 Likes

We do as well, very cool :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Me as well and he makes it easy to do with the high standards he holds himself to!

11 Likes

@GunsUp welcome to full30.

7 Likes