New here just saying hi

Equinn:

I guess I missed it. Who was involved/what was it about?

Private message me, if you prefer.

Thanks.

2 Likes

That drama is past. Any other drama needs to be dropped.

3 Likes

Tactical_Reviews:

Not to worry. I have no stake in whatever conflict was had.

Just curious about who I need to be careful around.

Thanks.

2 Likes

The person involved hasn’t returned. If he comes back and is OK, no problem. If he returns and keeps acting like a 4 year old denied a cookie, I’ll deal with it.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m not worried. I’ve been in other forums in the past. This seems pretty active and mild from what I’ve seen. I’ll be fine.

4 Likes

Thanks, Tactical_Reviews.

I am sure you can and will deal with any misbehaving newbies. Nice to have you driving.

2 Likes

Glad to have you here. There is a Shooting tips for women by women or something like that, you may want to check it out . Your perspective could help alot of us guys understand things better.

4 Likes

“I keep hearing good things about that gun. Now, I wonder how it does longer range.”

Just have to put my 2 cents in.
Since no two people have the same results with any given rifle, and much depends on shooter skill, fit of the stock, height the comb and of the scope and the position of the stars,
Two different people shooting the same gun can have vastly different results.
The only useful answer to the question is to try one of those for one’s self.

2 Likes

Hi. You are referring to the Ruger AR556 I mentioned above? But yes I think your correct here. I need to shoot it more but I’m pretty good as I said out to 100 yards. Two of my daughters are as well but the other one can’t stop jerking the trigger. She can’t hit anything. I try but she’s really not as in love with shooting as the older two.

They call me Annie Oakley which is why I just changed my avatar. I feel like Ms. Potato head sometimes. That’s why I had used that. But I think maybe it sent the wrong message here.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ll check it out. As far as perspective goes I don’t think it’s very different than anyone else here as far as I’ve read so far.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Good crew here for the most part, except for Robert. He hates bots and kill them on sight :wink:

5 Likes

Annie sez:
“Two of my daughters are as well but the other one can’t stop jerking the trigger. She can’t hit anything.”
Try this with the errant daughter:
Instead of focusing on the trigger pull, ask her to try to not disturb the sights when the trigger is pulled.
That’s the real culprit.
Explain if the the sights stay on target, then her shooting will be accurate.
Just a thought.
If that doesn’t work, try to find a genuine instructor in your area.
Knowing how to shoot does not translate to knowing how to teach it.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Best exercise I’ve seen to correct this is place a coin on the front sight. Dry fire the weapon over and over until the coin no long falls off. Keep doing this over and over to create muscle memory.

3 Likes

I’ve tried that with her. But the problem is she just really doesn’t like guns. I think her marksmanship is really just an excuse to say she doesn’t want to participate. She’s the youngest and while not anti-gun not pro-gun either. That’s fine, guns aren’t for everyone.
I and the other two do train at FrontSight in NV from time to time and love it but #3 doesn’t want to go.
All three are adults so it’s not like I can drag her.

2 Likes

Well that is a good idea. I’ll try that myself.
As I replied to g.willikers her biggest problem is a lack of interest.

3 Likes

My wife and I have three grown daughters as well. (And 3 grandkids and 1 great granddaughter)
Only one of the girls has shown any real interest in guns. And I think that’s due to her soon to be new hubby more than anything I did with her. Of the two older grandkids the girl has zero interest but the boy… he does. He’s turning 19 real soon and wants to buy a rifle. But if he doesn’t “pull the trigger” soon he may not get that chance here in Ca if the age bumps to 21 like handguns.

Cool that two of your three like to shoot.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum! There’s a lot of good stuff here. Stick around.

4 Likes

When did we get an Introductions section?
Welcome!
I recently bought my daughter the same rifle. My experience with it… It has a break in period. Gets better after a couple hundred rounds. Didnt like cheap steel cased ammo first off. Might feed it now but i dont like that stuff anyway. It definitely needs a better trigger. I’m going to go with a CMC. They support drag racing and I’m biased like that. Lol. All in all, I think its a great rifle for the price. Good to have you aboard!

4 Likes

Welcome !.. I’m a X-YouTuber myself. Hope you enjoy your time here.

5 Likes