New here, not new to firearms

I’m supposed to introduce myself, so here it is: I have been a competitive shooter my entire life. Member of USPSA for 30 years or so (I’m 43). Started out in minor class with my Browning high power and then moved up into major open class with various 1911 based Les Baer products from the 90’s on. I have yet to actually call any of my competition guns finished as I am always finding ways to tweak them. My current project is a Baer custom comped .38 super upper with a Para double stack frame and a c- more railmaster to show the way.
I love to carry my little Sig P365 and discuss methodologies and tactics for defense and protection.
I have just recently waded into the long distance waters as 3 gun matches made me buy a rifle (or 10), but I am as proficient with my comp gun at 50 yards as I am with my Scar 17. It’s sad really!
And as far as shotguns go… I have a Beretta that I use for 3 gun. It goes bang and steel falls. I barely know how to use the thing (seriously, you have to hold in a button or something to cycle it. I’m screwed if it ever malfunctions).

16 Likes

as always the click bang is so over rated…
Welcome to your new home

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Basszon95

Some day I will have to try competing.

11 Likes

Welcome @Basszon95
Great to have you here with us at Full 30!

10 Likes

Better than click pop. Squibs are scary when you’re shooting fast!

10 Likes

9 Likes

Welcome!

9 Likes

Welcome!

10 Likes

Welcome from KY. Used to shoot limited 10 and ran a 9x21 in open…

10 Likes

It’s nice to have a new member who brings such a wealth of experience to the table -looking forward to your participation.

10 Likes

Welcome sir!

9 Likes

Welcome,

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

I shot Carry Optics and switched to PCC when that opened up. About that tweaking… yeah, I think it’s a disease we catch in the search for better operations that translate into points.

10 Likes

Welcome,

No rifle replaces pistol proficiency IMO :+1:

9 Likes

Welcome

9 Likes

Welcome, your mention of antiques(1911s) should put you in the cool-guy group of geriatric hipsters around here… :grimacing: :runlikehell:

9 Likes

@Basszon95 welcome to full30.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard

9 Likes

And the gauntlet line just got a little longer…

220px-Running_the_gauntlet

10 Likes

Same here. Welcome to the forum!

10 Likes