New member saying hello

New here and probably like everyone else it’s due to YouTube and IG delete posts/videos etc

Hello from another new member. :grinning:

Welcome, good to have you aboard!

I am another new member. I have a question for everyone, why do we train in firearms?

Yea, I know. Laugh at the new guy. What a stupid question.
But I am serious. Why do we in the gun community continue to train in firearms?

Well if you don’t practice with you’re edc or Home defense firearm there may come that time you have to use it and it jams , doesn’t cycle , or even worse your aim is crap. It’s kinda like racing a car or a bike at the track , if you only go to the events and don’t practice launching how do you know what it will do in all conditions?

No question is a stupid question, only time it’s stupid is when it’s not asked

Thank you for the welcome , it get so busy at work to forget to sign forum

Thanks, great to be here

Because the ability to use the gun in a proficient and responsible manner is a perishable skill.

The whole expression “it is like riding a bike” in that once you learn it you know it for life is not completely true and it doesn’t apply to everything, and even if it did it wouldn’t apply to the highest degree of previously attained skills.

Why do LE have to re-qualify and spend time at the range? Same reason.

Just my $0.02

Hi, just joined full30

Hello to the community another new member joining up thanks to Youtube.

great feedback gents. So I’ll bring it one step forward, what is the goal of training? To become more proficient in weapons handling or preservation of life? Are they one in the same?

Welcome to full30 Zachxds. I’m glad you could join.

Another new member signing in.
From a hunting stand point, training is extremely important. The last thing you want is a wounded animal that runs off and suffers. That is a sin. Understanding your rifle and it’s performance is mandatory in order to feel positive about your shot before you take it.

Hey, new member here also. We train because any physical movement or sequence of activity that we need to perform to accomplish a certain end result can be lost if we don’t practice often. Also under stress makes even the easiest tasks harder.

We train for the same reasons we eat meat, work hard and chase women.

Because we are men.

Being proficient with a tool is part of manhood. A weapon is a tool.

If you don’t train and can not capably handle that tool, you will not become a man.

You can then make sandwiches for the men while we train to use our tools.

so, I also asked further down the thread;
So I’ll bring it one step forward, what is the goal of training? To become more proficient in weapons handling or preservation of life? Are they one in the same?

I like ham and cheese with a bit of mustard and pickles

Thanks man

Corned beef and Swiss on rye with hot mustard.