New night vision for the military

I want this

12 Likes

Reminds me of video game cheats, and that we don’t want to be opposing the Army :grimacing:

8 Likes

I was wondering when they would put thermal and NV together in the same optic. I want one and wanted one for 15 years now.

9 Likes

Me too! But I would have to hit the lottery to afford a good one. Coyotes watch out if I ever get one.

8 Likes

Wow i particularly lime the augmented reality function. I had the worst trouble using NVG’s in the Army. I wad stained in Ft. Lewis WA so it was overcast every night. No light to amplify means you can’t see anything past 20 yards.

7 Likes

That’s surprising. My civvy pvs-14 has never had an outdoor condition where it couldn’t be used. WA must have some very thick clouds. It does get “noisy” when I turn up the gain though when it’s extremely dark. I’m also surprised that they didn’t issue IR emitters. I have a 5 milliwatt and it’s useable beyond 100 yards. I never tried to see just how far beyond 100 yards. I looked for link to what I have but the design has changed a great deal in the decade(s) that I’ve had mine. Mine is tiny compared to what I saw in a search. An IR emitter would act like a flashlight pointing right back at the user, maybe that’s why they don’t make them available.

8 Likes

They did were weren’t allowed to use them. Washington state had extremely thick cloud cover most of the year. It rains continuously in Seattle.

9 Likes