NEW Rock Island Armory 22 Revovler!

So what say you FULL30?

10 Likes

Looks like it might make a decent kit gun. If you can do that with cheap Winchester bulk ammo it should be a shooter with some decent stuff.

6 Likes

@CloverTac

Thank you for the informative video.

So, would you recommend buying a(n) RIA revolver? And, is it common for them to have some little something that needs fixing before it (continues to…) work(s) right?

Thanks.

5 Likes

good questions and at this point, can’t really say one way or another on a recommendation. if i were forced, i would say, yeah, probably be a good buy and fun little revolver, especially considering it is 1/2 the price of a S&W. that said, i need more time and need to put way more through it. as far as having to fix anything, yes and no, but mostly no. obviously you should not have to fix anything but things happen, guns get dirty, there can be burrs from manufacturing and stuff like that, it is not rare for those sorts of things to occur even on much more expensive firearms. For someone who knew little about revolvers this issue would likely seem very major, it wasn’t. the main points of even mentioning it were #1 to be honest, duh and #2 to warn people against being forceful and breaking something making the issue worse. RIA was johnny on the spot as far as support, so I have no doubts that if someone ran into an issue that they could not get taken care of.

5 Likes

that is what i thought, there will definitely be some accuracy battel videos, or at least video in the future with this one… once it has gone through all the ropes anyway. i would love to see what some CCI standard or even Eley will do through it. It will be cool to get it side by side with my 6" S&W 617, a revolver that cost twice as much, and see what happens.

5 Likes

@Robert btw, weird issue that seemed to happen when the FULL30 site upgrades went down but not ALL my notifications from the forum are going to spam. i just thought i was not getting them. so, might keep that in mind if folks are complaining about not getting them.

5 Likes

Well that’s a suck ass deal and I’m less than impressed to hear that, its separate software and not related to the video side makeover, as of now no one else has mentioned this,

Please just click not spam to hopefully correct it, there’s not much more I can suggest right now

4 Likes

yeah, i have been clicking not spam on the last several, half dozen or so and thus far, they still go into the spam every single time. LOL tech issues, always a headache.btw, this is through gmail if that helps. thought i would at least let you know in case someone complained you can tell em to keep a check on their spam folder.

3 Likes

Everyone needs to just log in daily so as not to miss anything :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

yeah, i don’t do it daily, but would say i jump over here at least 2-3 times a week… that is how i noticed something weird was going on

3 Likes

just an fyi: the speed setting on the video do not work. Nice review.

4 Likes

that sounds like something @Robert might need to report but does not surprise me, the share options don’t work either… but i have reported those

5 Likes

Well I did inquire about the subscriptions @zaitcev mentioned and was surprised at the patches they have planned, its all being addressed :+1:

3 Likes

So the RAI is a Alfaproj

http://www.alfa-proj.cz/en/products/firearms/licensed-arms/revolvers/

you also can get it in 22wmr

3 Likes

correct and correct… i had not clue anyone was making revolvers over there

3 Likes

I really like the 22 mag version.

4 Likes

i am not surprised, so far i have been pretty happy with the 22LR, it is not a S&W 617 but for they money, certain a lot of fun out on the range

4 Likes