New shotgun

Problem is, everyone I know is into ARs and handguns. I need more diverse friends. Lol

3 Likes

Haha…now getting into full autos…

3 Likes

I am a shotgun fiend… I love the weird ones. I have a variety but, I still love my 1100 for all around use.

3 Likes

Keith,
The only and best way to sort this out is to arrange for her to attend a genuine shotgun training facility with for real instructors.
Anything less will just cause confusion.
Your local range may provide an in house instructor, or maybe even the local high school.
More schools now have clay bird teams than we realize.
Trying to wing it without someone who knows how to show the way is guaranteed to get it all wrong.

4 Likes

Those cool looking military style shotguns would have to be the worst choice for the clay bird games.

1 Like

@Chuparosa (et al)

I agree with the 20 gauge choice. I finally quit using my 12 gauge shotguns for sporting clay shooting because shooting a 12 gauge (even with just birdshot), fifty times in a couple of hours can put the hurt on your shoulder - enough to make you want to reconsider which gauge you are using!

Nowadays (for the last year or two), I have been using a Remington 870 20 gauge for sporting clay. No regrets there! And, funny thing, my friend that goes sporting clay shooting with me has finally decided to switch to 20 gauge, too!

3 Likes

I agree. I don’t know if there’s any in depth training local but there are a few guys that know a lot more than I do.

She doesn’t like the tactical shotguns at all.

I’m actually thinking a ported 12ga. The 20 was my first choice but, the more I think about it, I think she may run into issues with distance. Of course, my only experience there is hunting squirrel and rabbit.

2 Likes

You can get 7/8 oz. Loads for 12gauges that should reduce recoil and give you better patterns.

2 Likes

funny I felt that way when I put away my BRN BPS 10ga and brought the 590

3 Likes

Also check out Winchester low noise low recoil 12 gauge ammo.
Very nice shooting with features as advertised.
That’s all I use in my 12 gauge.
No need to get a 20 gauge.
I use a modified choke with them and get excellent results.

1 Like