NEW TOPIC BUTTON - GONE!

J/K

Bottom right

new

please post any issues

3 Likes

a wtf and click later
only issue is the non-compliant not paying attention to where they are sending their new post to.

3 Likes

Sounds like you mean having to select a category,

that was implemented a week or two back in an attempt to not load up the general category

aside from the where’d it go likely experienced a few times this should be glitch free

(I hope)

1 Like

Noticed it right away, very neat.

2 Likes

Bottom right where?
Don’t see no new topic anything anywhere.

3 Likes

it’s there but only when not in a thread

2 Likes

It’s there but I don’t really like where it’s at. It blocks the threads . But what ever I don’t post that many new threads.

1 Like

Please move the create new topic link at the top of every category. It is maddening to have to scroll to the very bottom just to find this on my PC. In very largely populated categories scrolling takes days.

Right here is a perfect place for it that can utilize existing empty space and not upset the theme.

The irony is on mobile devices the create topic button/link is still there at the top…

4 Likes

You missed one in your own screenshot

Since its not been widely reported as a complaint/issue, is 22 days old, does have the highlighted yellow secondary option above

and

since you have 75 topics created in 9 months I have to expect this maddening issue may be a teeny bit over dramatic

Now, what I would like help with is understanding how you have to scroll at all?

Its set to display at the lower right corner without scrolling, if your view of open carry does not look like this please post a screenshot

1 Like

No, because I’ve been using my phone to post new topics lately because of this issue and my increased PC usage over mobile. Assumptions aren’t cool like our parents taugh us. :+1:

That’s after holding the page down key until all topics showed up to even display that link. I’ll post a picture next time I am in front of my computer. Or maybe not since as you pointed out I’m the ONLY one who apparently has a problem. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Is there an easy way to create a new category?

1 Like

The new topic button on the lower right will start a new thread. if you’re talking about starting a new category like adding to the ones already listed then no. only administration can do that.

1 Like

Yeah, I found the new topic button alright, I just think that the categories and subcategories are a bit lacking.

1 Like

You might PM @Robert and express your concerns. He will be the one to add categories.

1 Like

You may also add a tag to a post if the category is not fitting. Just throw it in open carry and add a tag.

3 Likes

speaking of we do have a new sub

and a new cat

and others could be added, but if not used some may also be removed

5 Likes