New User Guide

Thank you Robert. This is going to help a lot of the newer forum members!

11 Likes

You put a lot of work into drafting this content and building the appropriate screenshots. Great work.

12 Likes

Bumpity bump bump bump👍

10 Likes

I am just not that computer savvy… trying though… :grin::crazy_face:

11 Likes

How do we make new posts word wrap?
Ive noticed when I paste text into a new message it does not wrap.
It creates a scroll bar L and R instead.

6 Likes

IDK, I’ve not seen that before,

where’d you copy from?

I’d guess its related to the source but cant say without seeing it

4 Likes

This was really informative. One day, I’m gonna learn to really use this platform and enact real social change in this world. :muscle: I can feel it. And, maybe, if I respond to @Robert’s sexual advances, get a channel and everything, one day. Or collect all those fancy badges. God, i love badges. Just wanna roll around naked in them. Like Scrooge McDuck skinny dipping in Full30 badges. Mmmm…

7 Likes

Ive had it happen more than once.
But say from a Word Doc or something.

5 Likes

I would have guessed word as that can be finicky, I’d try and remove formatting, then if that didn’t work, add some narrow margins

3 Likes

I bet if it was pasted it into notepad it’d remove the formatting, not sure otherwise how that is cleared. In word I think you used to be able to see the formatting symbols like a carriage return or whatnot

6 Likes

Good post!

6 Likes

Bumping this to remind people how to post videos

I know, reminder is such a kind way of saying read the damn guide!

Don’t worry @Festus I’d never call you out directly :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

how does one multiquote?

4 Likes

You can select certain text and a quote button should pop up. If you click it you can quote. If you are not editing a reply, an edit window will open. If you are editing a reply, the quoted text will be added to your reply. You can minimize the edit window and do this multiple times.

8 Likes

Good question and great answer!

This has become easier since the guide was created, then you had to copy and paste,

here is how the desktop appears, IDK about mobile

mq

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m on my phone, so I have to minimize the reply window. Sorry for any confusion.

6 Likes

SWEET! Thanks folks! Also, great thread OP!

7 Likes

Been awhile…hope everyone is well…

6 Likes

@rjburk

Fine here. How are you doing?

3 Likes