New York looking into Becoming two States!

@Stumpkiller take a look. I know it may be a pipe dream for Upstaters but who knows one can dream. Looking at separating Down State ( Two Counties of Long Island, 5 Counties of NYC, and the two counties that are the “Suburbs” of NYC Westchester and Rockland) and Upstate (the normal 53 counties)

NY Senate Bill S3814 A

Pretty much chop off the dark Black gangrenous portion of the state.

6 Likes

Should just wall up NYC and declare it a Liberal Prison.
Damn Libs been doing nothing but dictating and using the rest of the state as a dumping ground.

8 Likes

Nailed It ^^

4 Likes

Can we do the whole northeast while we’re at it? :wink:

6 Likes

Hey! Let me the f#*k out 1st!

5 Likes

It will cost you ! Nobody gets out for free.

5 Likes

Literally. NY has some sort of tax for people that leave I believe. No joke.

3 Likes

They audit you for several years prior to when you leave but only if you are rich.

3 Likes

NY gets 90% of there budget from the 1% that’s why The Governor therevis shitting his pants because if just a small percent of them
leave the state is Fckd!

And when the base screamed Tax the Rich More! He said the only smart thing he has ever said: “I don’t believe raising taxes on the rich,” Cuomo said. “That would be the worst thing to do. You would just expand the shortfall. God forbid if the rich leave.”
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/cuomos-budget-rich-high-taxes/

It’s also why AOC’s Mom already fled the state:

I mean the dems don’t even like their policies.

5 Likes

In all seriousness, I think the United States should take a good hard look at EVERY state line, and consider remapping them all, not along political lines, but on geographical and economic ones. Because the states grew piece by piece, and many of them during the contentious years mid-19th century, they don’t exactly make sense. For example, the area around Louisville is homogenous on both sides and is locally called Kentuckiana. Southern Nevada and Northern Nevada are two separate economic entities. The line between North and South Dakota is entirely arbitrary. On and on and on.
We can and should remap the country into about a dozen or so larger, geographically sound and economically collected mega states.

3 Likes

That would just expand on the current problems with states where just a few urban counties dictate laws and policies to a large rural area.

5 Likes

But in other ways help “Down State NY” most of New Jersey parts of Massachusetts and Connecticut. Could easily be combined into one mecha urban state. They already share the same principles more so then the sorrow Ding areas like upstate NY.
Same is true in the DC Maryland Virginia area.

4 Likes

Think of the money we could make selling water from the Catskill Reservoirs.

No more free ride.

Thirsty? Drink the Hudson.

5 Likes

NYC leeches power, water and taxes from upstate and exports their stupid laws.

See fair trade.

4 Likes

We went to the Lake Placid and Mineville to see family and pay respects to the ones that had pastover All of my cousins up there called NY C the armpit.

2 Likes

How nice of your family to be so nice. Usually it’s referenced as worse. :+1:

3 Likes

They are good Catholics. Me I say it is the asshole of the state. But I’m just a crude hillbilly .

5 Likes

Jersey too. If we in the south half could secede from the demoncrap north we’d be one of the freest + safest states without the noose of demoncrap failure around our necks.

3 Likes

It’s hard to believe the revolutionary war that created this country began in New York and Boston.
The founding fathers must be turning in their graves.

4 Likes

As for partitioning the state of New York, we should be celebratory, as in milk the cream always rises to the top.:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes