Newb here - shooter, instructor , emt

Newbie here - I’m a volunteer instructor with the BSA - rifle and shotgun mostly. Our council also has a BSA version of cowboy action shooting for older scouts. Also a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer so I teach RSO classes for the council once a year.

I teach 16 hour IL CCW classes as well. Just a small time instructor 4 - 6 students at a time maybe one class a month.

I’m volunteer with rural ambulance service - BLS level agency. We do maybe 200 runs a year so I get maybe a dozen or so calls in a year.

11 Likes

Welcome aboard @PhilO. Good to have you here.

8 Likes

Welcome from Iowa!

9 Likes

@PhilO welcome to full30.

8 Likes

Happy to have you, never a bad plan to have an EMT around :grin:

8 Likes

Welcome to Full 30!

OK, I have to ask, you used the word “here” but didn’t define where here is. Too, what does BSA mean?

8 Likes

BSA = Boy Scouts of America

Here = Full 30 forum

9 Likes

LMAO (at myself!) That’s what I get for speed reading that!

8 Likes

Howdy PhilO and

8 Likes

Welcome from KY.

8 Likes

Then you should know better than to admit you have medical experiance . Belt fed will want you to look at things for free.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @PhilO

7 Likes

Welcome from Florida, both of my children got marksman badges from BSA programs. The wait was long to shoot so they got to listen to the safety talk at least 4 times before handling the BB guns. I was actually happy about that.

6 Likes

So, how many of you had an instant flashback to Ben Shapiro answering a question about Boy Scouts?

Just wondering, because that popped up instantly for me. LOL

6 Likes

I earned the rifle and shotgun merit badge a LONG time ago.

6 Likes