Night vision or Thermal?

Thank you Very much for the video . it is very informative.

3 Likes

Agreed. Very good info. And thermal seems like the ticket, despite it’s shortcomings with an insulator like glass.

4 Likes

Great topic! Where is the best place to buy an ATN X-sight?

3 Likes

All you have to do is put tape over the fiber optic illuminator thing or theres AA battery powered acogs with a 10k battery life. Ive taken a few classes on NV and untail a few months ago owned an ACOG so my experience is pretty limited compared to others around here. The tape trick works wonders though, imo.

6 Likes

Excellent topic @Joe !

I’ve been looking at both NV & Thermals over the past two years and I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Prices have been slowly dropping on these ever since I took an interest.

I’ll be paying close attention to this thread very carefully hoping to learn something new.

Carry on!

8 Likes

ok, who’s going to flag the spammer?

9 Likes

Which 1? Looks like a tag team…

9 Likes

I got it.

I also flagged you

5 Likes

lol

6 Likes

The system is obviously corrupt

9 Likes

So @Joe , what did you get? Or haven’t yet?

5 Likes

I hope this isn’t considered a derail, but for hunting yotes or hogs the green spotlight does a great job and is MUCH cheaper. I know it is not in any way something you could use outside of hunting but OP did mention that.

8 Likes

I’ve been looking at this option also for night hunting, definitely a cheaper alternative. Although night vision would serve “double duty” tasks. Here in Pa, night vision is legal to own but not to predator hunt with, yet. Pa bill 1188 I believe, has passed our house, now s-l-o-w-l-y crawling towards Senate for vote.( You know how lazy gov. is :rofl: ) I’ve been holding off buying a NV scope till it passes but definitely going to get a light set up as you have described for now.

6 Likes

My oldest son uses the green light a lot. On his hunt last week he was set up and three deer came within 10 feet of him while he shined the light on them. They had no idea he was there.

6 Likes

Wow! I knew coyote were “blind” to the green, wasn’t aware deer couldn’t see it.

4 Likes