Night vision question

I need the groups wisdom. I am looking for a clip on night vision to put in front of my EOTech (for pig hunting in TX). I am presuming they are in Generations like my PVS 14. If so I want a Gen3 and prefer the white phosphorous. It’s going on a 6.5 Grendel is why I don’t just get a PVS 14 and put it on. I am not sure of the recoil and don’t want to eat hardware due to my breaking it. I already have and have been using thermal on my 6.8.

7 Likes

Well , im following this one cause this is totally out of my wheelhouse waiting for some knowledge on this one.
I always just had a buddy hold the spot light :rofl:

6 Likes

I have done the handheld spotlight back in the 90’s for my dad. I bought a ATN Gen 2 digital “Night Vision” but it is not a clip on, it is dedicated scope and not just want I want. The thermal is nice but at 200 plus yards is it a pig, cow, opossum, alien… you never know. And shooting a ranchers cow is expensive and embarrassing and maybe a visit from “the law”.

7 Likes

Not sure they make a clip on for after the red dot. Most clipons go in front of a scope. The red dots that have night vision settings have the NV opticic behind the sight. Either on the rail or worn on the head.

5 Likes

That may be correct. I am just going with what I have seen.

6 Likes

Not a subject I know much about, but our Savage Stealth’s chassis designed by Drake was originally configured with a night vision ‘bridge’ on the foreend. I took it off to make room for the 10x50x60 Sightron Slll, but the original intent of the design was for military use with NV to be mounted in front of the optic.

6 Likes