9 Likes

Thread

See new Tweets

Conversation

Va. National Guard
@VaNationalGuard

·

Dec 13

From the Adjutant General of Virginia: "We have received multiple questions regarding proposed legislation for the 2020 General Assembly session and the authority of the Governor of Virginia to employ the Virginia National Guard in a law enforcement role.

Va. National Guard
@VaNationalGuard

·

Dec 13

We understand and respect the passion people feel for the U.S. Constitution and 2nd Amendment rights. We will not speculate about the possible use of the Virginia National Guard.

Va. National Guard
@VaNationalGuard

·

Dec 13

I encourage everyone to be patient while we allow our elected officials to work through the legislative process. We have not received any requests from the Governor, or anyone on his staff, about serving in a law enforcement role related to any proposed legislation.

Va. National Guard
@VaNationalGuard

·

Dec 13

I expect our Soldiers, Airmen and members of the Virginia Defense Force to be professional and respectful in their discussions about this subject.

Va. National Guard
@VaNationalGuard

·

Dec 13

As private citizens, our personnel are free to express their opinions to their elected officials, but they should not engage in any political activity while in a uniformed status.

Va. National Guard
@VaNationalGuard

We will provide regular updates when appropriate during the General Assembly session. Please utilize your chain of command to direct any questions or concerns to my office, and we will do our best to address them." - Maj. Gen. Timothy P. Williams, the Adjutant General of VA

9:50 AM · Dec 13, 2019·Twitter Web App

4 Likes

Well that’s some fresh air, thanks for posting :+1:

7 Likes

Something that’s a little disturbing, is the wording used by the state legislator. He says the governor may have to “nationalize” the guard, so that it can enforce the new laws.

From my understanding, when the guard is “nationalized”, it operates as part of the US military and is prohibited by federal law from being used for law enforcement. When it’s not “nationalized”, it serves under the state governor and can be used for law enforcement in emergencies.

But… I guess we shouldn’t expect democrat politicians to understand things like ‘the law’ or how government works.

9 Likes

Well, sooner or later, one of these liberal idiots is going to trip the trigger…

6 Likes

Possible some good will come from this, if we stand firm and don’t negotiate down from this like we have been doing for near 100 years now. I see them bringing in new people to enforce this if needed, they will not put people in the field to confiscate unless they have a strong confidence those people will do the job. They will take small bites, confiscate from a select few to start.
I know a few Virginia NG members, they will not comply.

6 Likes

Pretty sure the rest of the Guard isn’t insane or suicidal.

5 Likes

VA National Guard Issues Statement Over Calls To Enforce Gun Control

“The men and women of the Virginia National Guard signed up to defend freedom, not establish a police state on American soil where soldiers search for scofflaws who refuse to register their rifles with the Virginia State Police.”

source: https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/12/13/va-national-guard-issues-statement-calls-enforce-gun-control/

7 Likes

If you haven’t seen this yet, it’s pretty good.

7 Likes

The VA national guard has approximately 7500 soldiers in its ranks and state troopers(including desk jockeys) add another 2100. The state has a population of just over 8M people. If even 1% of the population ORGANIZES {1} and pushes back the state is outnumbered 10:1. Seeing as these resolutions are passing on both the county and city level, including over 80 counties, I would guess way more than 1% are pissed.

The governor or state legislature can’t ‘fire’ a Sheriff or police chief. They don’t work for them nor the state of VA. His only enforcement arm is the NG and VSP. Good luck replenishing the numbers that walk over what they feel are unconstitutional orders. The simple fact is that the solidly ‘blue’ voters in the more urban counties that swung the election are NOT going to sign up for the NG or VSP. They see doing the hard stuff as someone else’s job, namely big momma government. That’s why they vote blue in the first place.

The governors only means of assuring numbers needed for widespread enforcement would be to ‘borrow’ NG troops from another blue, tin pot dictator run state like CA or NY. Doing so to enforce incredibly unpopular(and down right unconstitutional) laws, unlike during a major disaster such as Katrina {2}, WILL NOT END WELL.

{1} Sadly the time to organize was some time ago. That DOESN’T mean it isn’t possible now, just much harder.

{2} Due to the nature of Katrina, the vast homelessness and inability to move about due to flooding, CA NG members and others were able to pull the gun confiscation crap they did. Without such a disaster it likely couldn’t have happened.

8 Likes

I wonder two things about this situation, the first one being the governor of Virginia, Mr. Blackface is also Mr. Post-Birth Abortion, and I wonder if he isn’t being pushed from behind because of some other indiscretion that we aren’t privy to.
The other is I wonder what the effect of the AR15 aftermarket has been on influencing the pro-2A pushback that we’re seeing now. Or perhaps it’s the internet that’s helping everyone coagulate over this, but in 1994 there wasn’t an “I will not comply” movement such as there has been over these recent anti-gun attempts. Back then an AR was pretty boring and not half as prevalent. Speaking for myself, my ARs are to me like art almost, or like a beautiful classic car, I just look at them sometimes, and play with them. Or like an intricately decorated sword, it’s something to be used at the same time cherished.
This is how I love my black rifles, and I wonder if the same affection is contributing to the resistance of others to relinquish their arms, when 25 years ago, they weren’t so up in arms, figuratively speaking.

6 Likes

As for the Guard enforcing these laws, I DO believe they will try to do what they’re told to do, as long as they aren’t getting fought over it. I think if the people of Virginia allow them to follow their orders, they will go about doing so. But if bullets start flying I believe they would lose steam immediately.

6 Likes

My customers include city, parish, &state LEO as well as Army reserve, Marine reserve, & NG. I have asked members of all of them about this and not one said they would be part of any gun confiscation and would be onthe side of the gun owners.

7 Likes

The internet certainly plays a MAJOR roll. Back in '94 you only heard about this stuff, maybe, on AM radio and in some gun mags(most were busy trying to sell shit though). Now bills and stupid statements make it around the world instantly.

You need to consider the backlash though. The results of the '94 AWB were dems losing control of the entire federal legislature, turning Clinton into a 6 year lame duck.

7 Likes

Just wait. Most LE, NG and the military turn to our side and these far left Democrat lunatics hire mercenaries and deputize them to come after we the people. If THAT happens I hope they all (mercenaries) perish. Do not put it past these politicians to create their own personal LE out of these hired mercenaries. The US govt already employs these sorts overseas so don’t think it won’t happen.

3 Likes

In 1994, they were nowhere near as common as they are now. The majority of gun owners fell into the ‘I would never buy one of those anyway’ category, with a smaller number in the ‘darn it, I kinda thought I might want to buy one of those, someday’ category.

There were people that saw this as the incremental step that it was, but a lot of people hadn’t seen enough of the left’s plans and actions to realize that passing the 1994 ban would be quickly followed by the next thing they wanted to ban. While the gun control lobby was doing their victory dances they mentioned in the gloating that they were going to go after high powered, telescopic sighted (sniper) rifles as their next step. That woke up some of the ‘muh huntin rifle’ crowd, which likely contributed to some degree to the democrats’ loss in the November 1994 Congressional elections.

At that point (1994), the left wasn’t pushing for confiscation or mandatory turn ins. They were still pushing the idea of ‘making streets safer’ by getting Toys R Us and other companies to offer $50 gift cards to anyone who voluntarily turned in a gun at a public event. Existing ARs (and other guns) were still legal to own and sell. You could actually still buy new AR-15s, as long as they had a fixed stock, and no bayonet lug or threaded muzzle - it was effectively a ban on some features, not on the rifle itself.

The 1994 ban also had an expiration date of 10 years, so people could view it as a temporary thing that could be fought again in 2004, rather than a complete loss that would be an uphill battle to reverse. It ended up being a loss for the left, because that 10 years allowed people to see how pointless it was, and how the left planned to ban a lot more than they had banned in 1994.

Now, they are more common, more people own them, more people understand that they are not full-auto (the left still tries to confuse people by calling them “automatics” and “weapons of war”), and yes, there are more people that see customizing them as a fun hobby. The left is also much more open about their ultimate goals for gun control.

6 Likes

You people better wake up if you think the police or military won’t obey orders and come for your guns if ordered to do so. THEY will comply. granted there will be a few that won’t but it only takes one to knock on your door for you to decide do you defend your rights and shoot this one officer if needed to keep him from taking your guns. remember he’s not there for a friendly visit and he has to take them or arrest or kill you. and no mistake about it, IF you choose not to give them up you will have to shoot at a police officer. and you will probably die cause there will be backups coming and you will be outgunned and outnumbered.

It’s a horrible thing to think about but for you that say I will not comply it’s a reality. The left cares nothing about you and hope you die in a confrontation, they actually don’t care about the law and military they send to do their dirty deeds or they wouldn’t send them to begin with. they only are concerned they get their way.

Will you become a felon and a murderer by the stroke of a pen? you will certainly become a felon until you turn them in.

6 Likes

Well said.

5 Likes

The thing with the VA situation is that it is towns and counties passing these resolutions. As I mentioned, local police and sheriffs departments don’t work for the governor. If a mayor/city council pass resolutions barring their chiefs/officers from enforcing these laws, the only teeth they need is withholding paychecks. No matter how big a statist some formerly bullied patrol officer is, he isn’t going to risk getting shot operating outside the directives of his employer for free.

Sheriffs, who have largely signed on and supported these resolution at the county level, know full well they can be recalled/replaced by the constituents. I’m not saying those sheriffs who backed these resolutions will start arresting NG/VSP(would be nice though), but they likely won’t risk reelection by suddenly flipping on the issue either

The last thing to consider is that there is no registration and private sales of both long guns or handguns are legal in VA. Any confiscation attempt would literally require going door to door. You get into western VA, the Blue Ridges/Appalachia and that ain’t gonna work. Franklin county was considered the ‘Moonshine capital’ of the world. People in those areas, western VA/WV/east TN, don’t like outsiders and have spent a century flouting federal law. Expect compliance to be an order of magnitude lower than what happened in CT.

8 Likes

We don’t even know what we’ll do ourselves. Until it happens.

Jobs, mortgages, pensions, family security, jail sentences and groups of armed officers are only a few of the factors at play. What makes you think you won’t be at work and on the toilet when twenty dudes are ransacking every inch of your home? Talk is just that.

The brand trusted by snipers and stakeout teams. :grimacing:

4 Likes