No more body armor for civilians?

Good luck getting mine, level 4 carbon fiber wasn’t cheep.

6 Likes

I’ll take it off your hands if you ever want to sell it. Just sayin

2 Likes

be careful you may get some of the ones with extra vents…

3 Likes

So when they ban this what is the crime going to be failing to turn it in?

Also its not a second amendment issue so there is far less obstacles for liberal dumb fucks to ban it.

5 Likes

I just can’t imagine banning protective wear. What would be the governments arguement for this move? And if it happens, can we sue? Have some sort of class action suit?

6 Likes

not hard to buy the components and build your own…they would have to force and stop manufacturing of several hundred items…which are also used for stuff other than body armor…

4 Likes

Active shooter wore body armor. Makes him harder to stop.

6 Likes

What? The last two “armored” mass murderer’s in the United States lived less than 30 seconds once the police arrived and started shooting.

6 Likes

Been procrastinating on getting us armor. Told my wife about this topic this morning she rolled her eyes and said quote: “what the fuck, like that’ll make any difference. Who cares anyway we’ll make our own if we have to.”

I got a keeper here folks.

7 Likes

The sale of bullet proof children’s backpacks is on the rise. Sooo…take one, take all?

6 Likes

Yep! Like everything else., you can’t stop human inginuity.

4 Likes

Like arguing that locked doors takes longer for police to breech so they should be banned

5 Likes

Or just not sell to a U.S. market, same as gun manufacturers and everyone else all the gun control laws will effect.

4 Likes

plenty of manufacturers here in the U.S. make the components to build body armor…cutting off the incoming from other countries would not completely do it…you can buy all the parts easily and I don’t see how they could stop it…would every metal shop have to register with the ATF and do background checks before they sale someone some steel plate ? or would a fabric shop have to do the same when someone buys canvas/nylon by the yard and quick release buckles ? I don’t see a way to stop you or anyone from making your own…

5 Likes

Yep, my sewing machine is ready.

4 Likes

Didn’t say it made sense, just explaining the “excuse” for attempting to ban it.

3 Likes

Sadly, I also can’t build a six foot fence, presumably because police or paramedics couldn’t access my house easily if I needed them. Not agreeing with justification, just explaining to someone who asked about attempts to ban armor.

4 Likes

Exactly

3 Likes

I have seen a good number of retailers who state up front that they will not sell body armor to anyone without military or law enforcement credentials. I have also been asked for same by retailers who did not state this requirement before ordering. L.A. Police Gear was one. I immediately stopped buying anything from them. I also avoid buying from any retailer that refuses to sell me an automatic knife.

6 Likes

Can you have a 6’ fence in the back yard?
I just couldn’t live somewhere with restrictions. I let my grass and weeds and trees grow up in the front of my property just to buffer the sight and sound of my neighbors.

3 Likes