Not the way I expected to spend my evening

Sorry to hear.
Hope all is well soon.
Take care.

4 Likes

OK amigo. Time for an update. How you doing?

5 Likes

he may have forgotten us…

5 Likes

I’m still here Patriots. Still in the hospital that is. I lost a lot of blood and they want to make sure I’m not losing more. No idea when I get to go home.

10 Likes

Well we’re all sorry to hear this. But know you have our collective thoughts and prayers. Stay tough my friend and stay in the fight.

4 Likes

So what happened? If you dont mind me asking.

3 Likes

Had a bleeding ulcer.

5 Likes

Jeeze, thats rough. Hope you get feeling better soon TR.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Glad to hear you’ll be heading home. Follow all the doctor’s orders so you can get back to 100%.

Best of luck going forward!

4 Likes

I’ll echo@Wildlife here and say follow the Dr’s orders. Take it easy and glad your feeling better. Good to have you back.

5 Likes

He needs to go shoot, they should prescribe him bullets to relieve stress.

6 Likes

Tactical_Reviews:

glad to hear you are getting to go home.

I agree with Wildlife and mquinn55 - follow the doctor’s orders. You certainly don’t want to have to go right back to the hospital.

Best of luck in your full recovery.

4 Likes

Update:

OK, here’s the skinny. My first night back home was great. I was in bed for nearly 11 hours. Hardly disturbed, Sonji Thurs did wake me up once to check on me because I was sweaty. And again when she left for work. This was far better than having my vitals checked or poked with a needle and have blood taken. I lost a large amount of blood, so much so that I’m way closer to needing a transfusion than I am to the lowest of what’s considered normal. Everything exhausts me. A very slow walk to the mail box and back left me breathless. I feel like I’m on a constant buzz while running a marathon.

I will be seeing my surgeon on Thursday about getting my esophagus fundoplication surgery ASAP. I also see my general doctor next week Monday and have another EGD scheduled in early Sept. to have a followup biopsy done to the ulcer area. More about that test after the follow up as it’s too early to think about the current results.

I want to express my thanks to all the support we have received, both spiritually, emotionally. and financially. This past week has been trying to my family. Talya Thurs has had a hard time dealing with this. Tristan has been, well, Tristan, nothing really bothers him. I have been hanging in there and trying to not let test results bother me. Please keep the positive vibs coming. I, as well as my family are truly blessed to have so many great people in our lives willing to step up. We’re firm believers in paying it forward, as well as all good deeds return. I’ve always tried to be a positive person, to help others to my last breath. I will keep living my life with that. We are all measured by who we touch, and so many of you are truly tall in that respect.

Thank you so much for everything. I just don’t have the words. I wish I could get to faire. But I just don’t know this year. Tristan wants to go, and I may come along. I just don’t know. This last week has made me feel very small in a world of great people.

14 Likes

We got yer back T_R! Keep us updated.

Just be sure to remain active once you are able to do so, less recovery and physical therapy needed down the road! Learned that lesson with my leg surgery so when I had my back surgery I was up that same day doing stuff and exercising within the doctor’s orders.

5 Likes

You know what sucks the worst with that Bleedin Ulcer stuff???
No coffee!
Mine was accident-related and I’ve fully recovered (Thank God).
Worry and stress only aggravate it, so “let go, let God”, and get well soon, Brother!

5 Likes

Number3, Tactical_Reviews:

No coffee? Ouch!

Tactical_Reviews - you had my sympathy before, now I really feel sorry for you in your current condition!

Get well soon!

3 Likes

It’s not so bad I cut out all caffeine about eight years ago (high blood pressure). It was bad the first week but after that it got better.

5 Likes

I take medicine to control my high blood pressure. So, I still drink 3 to 5 cups of coffee everyday.

There was a 2 year period in my early 30’s when I gave up coffee. But since that time, I have enjoyed drinking it way too much to give it up for anything short of life threatening conditions.

6 Likes

Holy shit dude! Sorry to hear that. Glad you’re finally back home. Hang in there man. Still got too many snowflakes to melt. Godspeed!

6 Likes