NRA IMO How I see recent events

redlemur:

Good guys could become bad guys real quickly due to hitting unintended targets and getting sued, or worse, put in jail.

Machine guns being used in an urban setting within the USA - not a scenario I ever want to see.

1 Like

all:

I guess you can see by now that I have no taste for machine gun, submachine gun, or bumpstock rifles, being used inside the USA for defense or hunting. Granted, if you are at a gun range, or a very rural area, probably okay just to take out and shoot them. But, never used to shoot at people, especially if there are innocent bystanders nearby.

1 Like

No i agree bad senorio,collateral damage sucks ,but when THEY go rogue(have you watched the news latley)would you not want to be equaly armed?I dont think the founding fathers would have wanted us to use muskets against machine guns? Also point out lots of machine guns are owned
Legally and how often do you hear of machine gun mass shootings?

1 Like

Ide,rather have it and not need it or use it .
Than not have it when i need it😯

2 Likes

Hey john no hard feelings your entitled to your opion and ill gladly stand and fight for your free speach!but might use bump stock lol enjoy the discourse nothing personal!

Yea ,I bet it was you riding this unicorn.

1 Like

Lol you said you wanted a meme, there you go. Do with it what you want.:laughing::scream:

I would point out that where I live the only collateral would possibly be a chicken or coyote
And thats an influence on how I see things.I dont live close to people for a reason.
So now heres the one thing.I bought my bumpstock legally. Making it my property,the ATF approved this devise.Making IT legal ! My AR is legal. I have cpl (conceled pistol licesnse)
Witch means ive passed extensive background checks.A bumpstock is a devise,it doesnt do anything.the shooter does, its a technique! How hard was that to spell for me!!now i know this will not make you feel better but a this point, I dont need the bump stock anymore i can simulate "auto fire "without any aid!This also works for my semi auto pistols! How bout them apples!
Furthermore banning devises IS the perverbial slippery slope!
Wake up!

3 Likes

One more thought on this cause its near and dear to me!
What we are talking here is.
Making something ill-eagle retroactivly
Confiscation of private property
???where does that end?
Hmmmm

2 Likes

redlemur:

I have a hard time accepting that is okay for us to defend ourselves while at the same time killing innocents, especially since I don’t agree that we ever need automatic fire capability. However, I do firmly believe in us having semiautomatic fire capability.

redlemur:

I generally agree with your comment, but not for automatic fire. It is always dangerous on your home turf, or anywhere else where you need to be careful of unintended targets.

And no, I don’t care if they go rogue and use it on us - I still would not want that in a crowded (with innocent people) environment.

Yeah got tell that to jerry miculak

1 Like

redlemur:

I believe my best suggestion regarding bumpstock rifles is:

for those that have them, treat them like fully automatic rifles
for those that don’t already have them, you would have to buy them from those that already have them

My main point all along is/has been that since you can shoot a bumpfilre rifle like a fully automatic rifle, then they should be treated the same.

Guess you missed the part where you dont need one so now what you wanna ban!
My hands

redlemur:

I am not for confiscation of your private property obtained legally.

Glad to hear you have a safe place to use it.

Regarding other devices - maybe you can imitate Jerry Miculek - he can fire a revolver so fast you would think it was fully automatic. That certainly is okay, because people that train that hard generally are more responsible and not out threatening the general populace.

Sorry john but you to wishy washy for me you not in the fight! But hey have a nice day!:grin:

redlemur:

that is something I am almost never called - wishy washy? really?

I am absolutely in the fight. But, I don’t believe in fighting battles not worth fighting. So, bumpstocks - bad idea, but since they are around, we gotta deal with them.

Not sure what else you have issues with (regarding things I have said).

And thx for the nice day wish, hope you have a nice day, too.

1 Like

Ok one more time its the given ground. Nothing personal
Just that !and really do have a nice day !and i mean it!were cool i just dont agree

redlemur:

no problem. I would be shocked if everyone (or even anyone), here agreed with everything I said.

1 Like

So john im going out on a limb here ,but I would bet, if you fired a bump stock you would like it!