NRA's dirty laundry exposed as pro gun group cleans house

" On April 12, the National Rifle Association filed suit in a Virginia court, accusing their long-time PR company, Ackerman McQueen, of failing to provide detailed billing, and failure to disclose contracts with NRA staff and officers that might demonstrate a conflict of interest, including an Ack-Mac contract with NRA President Ollie North.

As the news of the shocking lawsuit made the rounds of mainstream media and was just sinking in – especially to most of the members of the NRA Board of Directors, who had no advance warning about the suit – a new exposé on the shady dealings of NRA insiders was published by The New Yorker (www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/secrecy-self-dealing-and-greed-at-the-nra/). That article, shedding new light on lousy business, showed that this isn’t just NRA leaders in a nasty mess of their own making, but a deeply embedded cancer that has metastasized, putting the NRA itself in serious jeopardy. "

6 Likes

This is sadly not surprising to anyone who has been paying attention to what is happening to the NRA over the years. The actual “leadership” (WLP, CC, etc…) have ran this organization into the ground and turned it into a house of cards that will fall sooner or later (soon IMHO). The NRA has played shell games with gun owners for decades, yelling “the sky is falling” in order to drive up contributions while the executives live a lifestyle off of the “rich and famous”, talking how they are “battling for the 2A” while assisting anti-2A types whittle it away (latest bump stock ban anyone?), and the list goes on.

Honestly at this point I feel it would b best for the NRA to fold so that true pro-2A organizations like the GOA, CCRKBA, etc… can flourish and take a “no compromise” fight to the politicians and their backers who are working to destroy the 2A.

JMHO.

6 Likes

I will say what I have said for many years, F-U-C-K THE NRA!!! They have become a self-serving corporation that does not represent Me, My Rights, or my beliefs!

3 Likes

I gave up on the NRA years ago because of all the behind the scenes crap.

I am a member of the GOA but they have a long way to go. Their membership cards are a joke. You get a blank card and write in your own membership number. What is that?? Also, they are getting almost as bad as the NRA about begging for money.

2 Likes