Obligatory List of SHTF Supplies

OG fallout player from WAY back.

2 Likes

Thats the republic of Dave from a video game called “Fallout 3”. Really kind of dark humor

Aaaahhh.

1 Like

Did not expect that, me too. FO3 is my favorite.

1 Like

Wife made my get a hobby that didnt involve jumping out of, off of or over things. I took up computer gaming and fell in love with fallout. FO3 was amazing I agree.

2 Likes

natural fibre - not necessary in middle but is a way to light it.

2 Likes

I wanted to name my dog “Dogmeat” but my woman wasnt having it.

2 Likes

Fights every three MONTHS? How about every three DAYS?!
:skull::flushed::skull:

3 Likes

Negative, I need to to train them so itll be more entertaining. Think quality over quantity

3 Likes

Smart guy! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

After the shtf , I will be more revered than Stalin on the Eastern comm bloc.

3 Likes

I was talking with @Chuparosa about getting a game console and some games. Thinking of getting the XBox One. Is Fallen an XBox game? And if so, I suspect Fallen (fallen 3?) is a game I should consider getting?

4 Likes

Fallout and yes its an xbox game as well as PC.

3 Likes

Its on ps4 too. PS4s are on sale at gamestops, i just bought a new 1 Terabyte model for $200.

I stand by what i said that ps4 is superior and Mr. Torgue im pretty sure stands by what he said with xbox being superior 
its snother 9mm vs .45 acp arguement. Honestly, if you are not getting exclusive titles then go by with controller you like more.

3 Likes

^ This. With the only exceptions being the XBOX One X is the most powerful and will play 4K Blu-rays and if you are gonna play Fallout 4 or Skyrim then the XBOX platform is better with mods.

Thankfully I own both so I get the benefit of both. For those that won’t get both like @Caw said go with the controller you like more.

3 Likes

My daughter scrolled through the list and said she didn’t see a whetstone.

4 Likes

I bought an XBOX one on sale, last week. Getting used to the controllers is a bitch for me. I forgot to mention mod support though, for me thats the biggest reason to get the xbox. Only thing is people should be aware that mods cause bugs and can cause a system to crash, I learned that the hard way lol

3 Likes

We can never tell how long we might have to depend on what we stock up on. A stove with fuel might not last long enough. Here is a wood burning camp stove that recirculates the gasses to the top and really burns hot. I don’t have this one yet, but I do have the backpack size and I can tell you it gets really hot with not too much wood.

7 Likes

Yes, some means of sharpening knives, axes, and other tools is important. If you’re not experienced and comfortable with actual whetstones, then diamond sharpeners or even “drag through” carbide sharpeners are better than nothing.

6 Likes

If you have some firebrick, there are youtube videos showing how to quickly stack them to make a wood burning rocket stove.

5 Likes