Officer frame

I like it!

10 Likes

Nicely done!

9 Likes

Thanks all.

9 Likes

Rough build complete but needs fine tuning. However,

everything is functional. Hope to test fire soon. Knee permitting.

13 Likes

Sharp looking pistol :+1:

10 Likes

Thanks. On to cerakote then night sights

12 Likes

I would advise a test fire before finishing. Just in case.

9 Likes

I plan to but with my total knee replacement it might be several months before I can test fire it. All other functionality tests passed with flying colors even all safety functions.

11 Likes

She looks fantastic sir :+1:

10 Likes

Thanks Jeff300

10 Likes

Understood. I hope it all works out. Can’t wait to see it all finished.

10 Likes

I’m here for ya! :+1:Send completed pistol to:

C/O Full 30 Master Build Test Facility
Lonewolf McQuade
30-06 Firing Range Lane
Itsafuknscam PA 54321

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Mosin,

Always thanks for all the help and guidance.

10 Likes

I haven’t even finished up my current build and already looking forward to building one of these. My short list is an officer sized, a 2011, and a compensated commander. Looking good, sir. What cerakote color(s) are you planning?

9 Likes

Matte Black slide and dark forest green for the frame.

11 Likes

Got a problem. Rounds stovepipe all the time. I do have an extra long ejector pin. Should I shorten it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

9 Likes

I had that issue with a Coonan, they said a 200 round break in was required and when I sent it in after that they said they had no problem with it, didnt matter which spring I ran either, 38 or 357

I sold it so never did figure out the problem, hope you do

6 Likes

My first thoughts would be magazines and extractor tension. Sometimes these things can be finicky about mags or the extractor needs to be tensioned more. This is just me thinking through the function and cycling and what all happens during the process. Those things seem logical to me. I’m assuming that you’re using a factory recoil spring weight and it’s not a timing issue, but you never know.

8 Likes

Tried 2 things. First raised the height of the magazine followers then shortened the ejector since I bought the extra long one. I thought that since the ejector was very long it didn’t give the slide enough time to eject the spent casing. Feeds and ejects much better. Will find out at next range time.

8 Likes