Official caliber war thread(Handguns)

I bought a bunch a year ago when I found it on sale. Not the performance I was hoping for.

4 Likes

As far as penetration? Grouping? Velocity?

Let the forum know your experience with it, and what you like better.

4 Likes

I bought it for carry ammo. I was hoping for more deformation of the projectile. Its ran through all my pistols fine. Im not the best shot so my groupings probably wouldnt be a good indicator of its potential accuracy. Im trying to work on that though

5 Likes

Good feed back. Thank you!
This ammo doesn’t act like a normal hollow point, and it has far more penetration than most all others.

6 Likes

The ammo I bought was also in different packaging.

6 Likes

I think it’s still the same?
This is what I have.
I think it might be different packaging.

6 Likes

@Caw

I’m a big fan of hard cast lead👍

9 Likes

Im liking the looks of Underwood’s offerings, @SAK speaks pretty highly of them.

https://www.underwoodammo.com/products/9mm-luger-p-90-grain-xtreme-defender

Im thinking I mightve just wrote off 9mm too fast. If anything, I probably shouldve just wrote off that specific brand of ammo.(Winchester Ranger T series 124 gr.)

5 Likes

Underwood :+1::+1:

11 Likes

8 Likes

Surplus can be hard to come by these days
Is it all corrosive ?

4 Likes

all that is
my indoor stuff in another can isn’t

3 Likes

Bump

3 Likes

You old asian humping war hawk, always getting a fight started.

4 Likes

When it’s all said and done and you’ve picked your favorite cal. and gun to use it in, shot placement is most important. One shot to the head is usually all it takes. Two to the thorax one to the head, done.

6 Likes

:joy:

5 Likes

10mm is the strongest listed. But unless you are talking about Andre the Giant, I don’t necessarily need it. I would think LEO does the most, not the infantry who uses rifles and carbines, and isn’t the .40 a very popular choice? I will stick with my 1911, until it is pulled from my cold dead hand. Just kidding. I’m adding the G45 to my stuff.

6 Likes

Way to put Sonny out of a job during these trying times, fu@%ing scab!!

6 Likes

That should be my tagline thingy by my name.

6 Likes

I chose other because it would be whatever I had in my hand. These days most likely 9mm but any of the others would do, or even a .22 to the head.

7 Likes