Old member returning,

My name is Bill Waits. I will be using the tag WildBill. I am 66 years old, and a six year retiree from the Natural Resources Conservation Service Agency of the USDA. Before retiring I held the position/title of State Economist for Louisiana. My wife, of 37 years Betsy, and I live in Alexandria, LA. We are childless except for three Yorkshire Terriers…the last one is Bear, and he is 4&3/4 lbs. of pure spoiled, and the sweetest little puppy a person could ever want. I like anything gun oriented and love single action Colts, N frame S&Ws, as well as anything leveraction…particularly Winchesters and Marlins. My wife and I are retired martial arts instructors in Kempo, Kobujustsu, as well as, Taekwondo and Hapkido for me. I used to be a deer, duck and dove hunter/shooter; and Betsy and I have been campers and backpackers for several years in Kentucky. Cruise ships and the Holiday Inn are our current camping stays. I am also a big fan of anything historical and wester. I guess that’s all for now, and I look forward to rejoining the forum and sharing ideas with everyone.
Thank you,
WildBill

9 Likes

Howdy Bill,
You a CAS person are you? I am looking at that it is interesting but I will have to wait until I can swing a good setup, maybe .45LC or 44-40.
Welcome back.

8 Likes

Hey Preach,
Nice to meet you. I have never been a CAS shooter, but intrigued by it. What type and brand of firearms are you looking to buy and compete with? I may show some pictures of my Colt collectibles in future posts. But I would not recommend actual Colt Single actions, with their flat springs, for series competition and extended shooting sessions.
Bill

8 Likes

You’re welcome to change your username to that if desired, reading your bio it surely seems to fit, though I had to read it thoroughly, got hung up on

context is very important :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If you are a returning member what was your previous screen name, do you wish to recover it?

Welcome back!

7 Likes

Welcome back and it would sure been nice if you was 3 years older. lol

8 Likes

How so(3 years older)?

9 Likes

You’d be older than me and win the old guy award poll that was posted a while back. lol

8 Likes

Now if’n they would have sent me a check, i’d been happy to be the oldest geezer here. lol

9 Likes

That’s pending, waiting on @DontBlameMeIStubbedMyToe & @Quick_Draw_Mcgraw to find it and post, but they’re old so we need to be patient :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Welcome from Florida.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Riding me Harley tomorrow, break in the rain.
Got no time to be old.

8 Likes

Wow wished I could get mine out . I gotta work but besides that its been 30 degrees

9 Likes

Welcome (back) to the forum. @Belt-Fed is the resident old fart in spite of his title.

8 Likes

:rage:

8 Likes

I was Belt Fed as a kid I got Fed the Belt alot… guess I needed alot of tunin’ up … I always figured thats what that meant …No offense

9 Likes

Welcome back to the forum!

9 Likes

Welcome from KY

8 Likes

@BillWaits welcome back to full30. We left the :bulb: on for ya :lying_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Glad you made it back.

7 Likes