Old west Criminals or Lawmen, history is written by Hollywood

did we all get a derail badge? :rofl:

5 Likes

I think all 4 of my accounts have had that badge, I blame systematic racism.

5 Likes

You may have won the battle but you havent won the war :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I just check not so far

5 Likes

It only proves my theory that its systematic racism. I earned that badge damn it

7 Likes

Ahhh but I have the coveted tin foil hat badge

7 Likes

I feel like there should be levels to these badges. Next level for tin foil hats can be thermal turbans.

6 Likes

the only one to derail his own derail

7 Likes

See this is why we need levels to each badge.

6 Likes

found this on thee U of O Press site
ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Bill O’Neal , a native of Corsicana, Texas, is a graduate of East Texas State University. He teaches history in Panola Junior College, Carthage, Texas. He has a special interest in the history of the American West. And he comes by his absorption in gunfighter research naturally; he is a descendant of Texas gunfighter Jess Standard.

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Dunno guys, looks to me like Jim Courtright was the ultimate badass with the best fight to kill ratio…3 gunfights, 4 kills
Just sayin’ :man_shrugging:t4:
:grin:

8 Likes

Know of any decent books specifically on guns of the old west? This genre seems rather cluttered with romanticism and Hollywood tropes even the non-fiction stuff.

5 Likes

I went ahead and ordered this book along with the one mentioned above. May also give me some tips on fighting my woman.

7 Likes

Looks good

5 Likes

Six Guns by Elmer Keith

7 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

Never heard of this guy untail today. They should make a movie on his life, something along the lines of Silence of the Lamb meets Lonesome Dove.

" Upon seeing his friend Gallagher hanged, Helm reportedly remarked “Kick away old fellow. My turn next. I’ll be in Hell with you in a minute.”[2]

When the executioner approached Helm, he allegedly exclaimed “Every man for his principles! Hurrah for Jeff Davis! Let 'er rip!” and then jumped off of the hangman’s box before it could be kicked away.[4] Boone Helm is buried in Boot Hill cemetery, Virginia City."

8 Likes

@JF89

Thanks for the info on Boone Helm. Dang! That guy was one bad ass! Sure wouldn’t want to piss him off right before supper.

7 Likes