Oooh Alec ..reckoning day perhaps

8 Likes

Wasn’t a rehearsal. They had been filming that morning, then took a break for lunch, and the sun had moved enough during lunch that they had to move things and reframe the shot. Baldwin was sitting in front of the camera while the two people that he shot were trying to get the camera set for the framing and lighting they wanted for the shot.

In a twist of irony, Baldwin (a very vocal supporter of strengthening gun control laws) would only be facing a max of 18 months if a gun had not been involved in the death, but thanks to efforts to ‘get tough on gun crime’ he is facing a charge that is supposed to be a mandatory five years.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Proper charge IMO
I think he’s a arrogant POS libshit but I don’t think he meant to kill and injure his victims.
Maybe the appropriate charge will result in a conviction.

I’ll still pray an “unfortunate incident” befalls the shitbag ASAP

4 Likes

Bingo my assessment also. I hope he gets the max :pray: one can only hope

4 Likes

Think he might get “clintonized” there is a possibility of that I figure

3 Likes

Any word on studio liability?

6 Likes

Well we all know by now justice isn’t blind but is almost totally corrupted.
You get the best justice money can buy.

4 Likes

You are correct unfortunately

3 Likes

Baldwin reached a settlement with the dead woman’s family, but everything else is supposedly still pending. The widower being made executive director on the movie, as part of the settlement, seems odd, but I guess various people expecting to make some money through liability suits would rather the movie be profitable, instead of bankrupt.

4 Likes

With no video of the incident, and all witnesses depending on Baldwin for a paycheck, Involuntary Manslaughter (called Criminally Negligent Homicide in some other states) is probably the best the prosecution can do.

Baldwin is not suddenly going to change his story and say he was pissed that they were taking too long to get the camera set up (costing him more time and money as producer) and in the heat of the moment made an empty threat about shooting them if they didn’t hurry up, pointed the gun in their direction to add some emphasis to the statement, and (oops) the gun that he thought was empty turned out to be loaded. And the Hollywood crowd doesn’t have the greatest record on rolling over on the higher ups that keep the money flowing for them, so it’s not likely the case could be moved up to a straight manslaughter charge (a ‘heat of the moment’ killing), even if that sort of hypothetical situation actually occurred.

4 Likes

uh, does anyone else see that as
 uh
 I can’t say, but it seems
 ahh, again, can’t say

4 Likes

Executive producer.

Too many job titles and too many legal terms for my mechanically inclined brain to constantly keep straight.

4 Likes

Bribe

5 Likes

The big thing I see is he repeatedly said he didn’t pull the trigger and the gun went off by itself. Police lab says there was nothing wrong with the gun and it operates properly.
He pulled the trigger and lied about it

5 Likes

here is another way to look at and surprised it hasn’t.
This was a Work Place Fatality.
Was A. Baldwin as the Senior Supervisor responsible under OSHA rules?

5 Likes

He is responsible for any safety issues. I think there were many.

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Look at this stupid POS mishandling a gun this week. Too bad he didn’t shoot himself.

6 Likes