Optics Planet Surcharge

Does anyone know anything about a surcharge at Optics Planet?
I was placing an order and noticed my total was $40 more than what was in my basket. After estimating tax and shipping, it finally showed me that the $40 was a surcharge.

I’ve ordered from them before and can not recall this kind of thing. I sure as hell hope this wasn’t charged to me before and I failed to notice it.
What is this?

7 Likes

I’ve never noticed it either. Are you buying propellent or something that mandates hazardous shipping premiums?

6 Likes

NO, just some CLP and a small thing of oil.

6 Likes

Hmm… let me see if it does it to me.

6 Likes

They should have a contact number or e mail. either call or e mail them and ask why. only thing I would think of it would be a hazmat charge.

7 Likes

Last thing I ordered from them I shoulda charged them a surcharge long as it took to get here.

7 Likes

I found out what it is. Its for the Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black ($8.19)
This sucks, as I can not find this locally.

6 Likes

Yeah, it wasn’t the CLP. Looks like you figured it out.

I seem to recall having the same issue with Rocksett. But I didn’t buy it from OP… IIRC it was Amazon.

5 Likes

40 bucks for an 8 dollar item, that does suck.

5 Likes

Testing on Amazon, they don’t appear to charge a hazmat charge for it. Why would one place charge hatmat and another place not?

6 Likes

I would call Optics Planet. The charge may have been inadvertently added due to an ingredient in the product.

6 Likes

Try Brownells. They have had a lot of codes lately that could save u money and shipping

7 Likes

I already ordered it from Amazon. I hate that I had to order from them, but the boyfriend had some stuff in his cart that needed to be ordered anyway, so he added it plus some books that @Prepper10 suggested.

Then Optics Planet website screwed up my cart and made everything disappear, so instead of having to look everything up again, I went to Cheaper Than Dirt. Brownells is Out of Stock of some of the stuff I want plus, of everywhere I have ordered from, their shipping is the slowest.

8 Likes

I ordered alumnablack from Amazon. No surcharge.

5 Likes

I probably need to put my laptop down, as Optics Planet has already frustrated me.
Over on Cheaper Than Dirt, I’m searching for the oil I want, when I saw this. I thought “Marijuana gun oil??”

6 Likes

You might want to skip surgical gloves and keep some snacks handy if you’re oiling your gun with that stuff. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I tried smoking marijuana twice in my life but not sure it had any effect. Maybe I didn’t inhale correctly.

4 Likes

I would rather have a beer.

5 Likes

You learned from Bill?

4 Likes

Possibly. All I had to go on is what I see in the movies where they draw in, their chest expands like a balloon, then I hold my breath…possibly, and wait till I’m red in the face and my eyes pop out.

I did all this. Still, no effects. Not even a giggle.

4 Likes