Optics Planet Surcharge

40 bucks for an 8 dollar item, that does suck.

5 Likes

Testing on Amazon, they don’t appear to charge a hazmat charge for it. Why would one place charge hatmat and another place not?

6 Likes

I would call Optics Planet. The charge may have been inadvertently added due to an ingredient in the product.

6 Likes

Try Brownells. They have had a lot of codes lately that could save u money and shipping

7 Likes

I already ordered it from Amazon. I hate that I had to order from them, but the boyfriend had some stuff in his cart that needed to be ordered anyway, so he added it plus some books that @Prepper10 suggested.

Then Optics Planet website screwed up my cart and made everything disappear, so instead of having to look everything up again, I went to Cheaper Than Dirt. Brownells is Out of Stock of some of the stuff I want plus, of everywhere I have ordered from, their shipping is the slowest.

7 Likes

I ordered alumnablack from Amazon. No surcharge.

5 Likes

I probably need to put my laptop down, as Optics Planet has already frustrated me.
Over on Cheaper Than Dirt, I’m searching for the oil I want, when I saw this. I thought “Marijuana gun oil??”

6 Likes

You might want to skip surgical gloves and keep some snacks handy if you’re oiling your gun with that stuff. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I tried smoking marijuana twice in my life but not sure it had any effect. Maybe I didn’t inhale correctly.

4 Likes

I would rather have a beer.

4 Likes

You learned from Bill?

3 Likes

Possibly. All I had to go on is what I see in the movies where they draw in, their chest expands like a balloon, then I hold my breath…possibly, and wait till I’m red in the face and my eyes pop out.

I did all this. Still, no effects. Not even a giggle.

4 Likes

Cheech

4 Likes

Never ever give your money to those scalping bastards! Besides supporting gun control measures they cancelled orders after sandy hook and then raised the prices substantially. Scalping bastards!

Cheaper-than-Dirt-Mags-January-16-AK

7 Likes

I did not know this. :roll_eyes:
But, as it turns out I ended up ordering from Midway USA instead of Cheaper Than Dirt.
Is there anything I need to know about Midway, in case I do another order? Are they scum of the earth too?

5 Likes

Midway is good to go in my book. Had a batch of bad ammo once, popped primers. At first they blew me off, no return policy on ammo. I emailed directly to Larry and a month later they credited my account the full amount. IMI had already replaced the ammo and sent a nice decorative plate from Israel.

4 Likes

The only thing I get high on is the smell of gun smoke, and Midway USA has sold me a lot of stuff. I get sucked into their whole “up to 75% off” clearance shtick. Over and over again.

5 Likes

I recently (12/3) ordered Aluminum Black from Brownells and there was no HAZMAT shipping.

6 Likes

Someone duly cleaned this besmirched twaddle up.

3 Likes

Yeah, but this software sure is quirky, I thought it was rebuilt while I napped :grimacing:

3 Likes