Outdoor family dog

Lol nice. Lucky dogs :smiley:

6 Likes

God bless all of the loving dog owners and their pets.

8 Likes

Are we there yet! Yeah she ain’t outside long or very far away, ever.

9 Likes

Hey, I recognize that place.

6 Likes

Yeah, picking up auto parts and a trip to the DMV :hugs: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: LoL!

6 Likes

Ripper storm came thru. Thunder lightening hail + roof rattling wind.

Nary a flinch, watched it intrigued.
Gun dog material for sure.

8 Likes

rode by a ‘dog training’ type camp today - just a couple miles from my house - wonder if they train for hunting or what - its in the country, had a diving sign and something about inboards also - guessing maybe a boat dock

6 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

Could just be K9 training like obedience and such? Obviously just speculating.

edit: The word “camp” also has me speculating and I couldn’t let it go… A place where one drops off the dog for the trainer and goes to pick it up fully trained? Totally useless IMO. 1/2 of the training, maybe more, is training the owner. But maybe I’m totally off base. I sure hope I am.

6 Likes

Yeah idk, it was within pedal biking distance from me so I may have to check

6 Likes

I like her coat/color

6 Likes

still thinks he is a lap dog - 1 year old

8 Likes

Yeah, all they know is that they’re the same dog, so “I’m not a lap dog? Really dad? Come on, it’s me!”. If you can, sit on the floor with him next to you. They’re not here all that long, then they’re gone and you’ll cherish those moments. No matter how many dogs you have you’ll remember them. Why is my keyboard getting blurry? Too many dog lives lost.

We put a 14 year old dog down 1.5 months ago and it’s at least 2 more weeks until we get her replacement, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier (we’re downsizing). We expect it to age with us and maybe outlive us. Never had that before. Our older male AmStaff has finally (I think) come to grips that Star is never coming back, and he is about to get the surprise of a pup. He wants me to play with him, but I’m just too old. I can’t roughhouse with him anymore. Yeah, he needs a pup. It’s been too long since we had a pup in our home.

7 Likes

@srdiver Tim is that a Deer Hound or a Wolf Hound? Beautiful either way. I had a Irish years ago. Loved her.

@BrianK Brian your Amstaff will love his new buddy. Our Boxer died last Feb 2 and we went with a BullBoxerStaff, ‘Anka’. She wears us out daily!

Anka is definitely not a outdoor dog. Neither was Raina.

7 Likes

Faolun
and he is a Irish Wolfhound

8 Likes

Sure is beautiful! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

guys I have all the shelter this dog needs and I do have a Husky which also sleeps outside. My question is why have so many people gotten this idea that dogs since the begging of time have never slept outside. I got responses like “why don’t u go sleep outside and see how you like it” Now my dogs get all the care in the world and attention all day until night. Constant exercise, fresh water all day, lots of room and warm shelter, but when I asked about keeping them outside I became the devil. I dont understand why people get so upset they do realize dogs have slept outside for hundreds of years but all of sudden its inhumane? I dont understand some people and why they think dogs should be on ur bed never leaving u.

4 Likes

Maybe because dogs are social animals and like to be in a pack and not in solitary. That’s just a guess. Depending on the climate also, if it’s extremely cold they like to curl up into each other to keep each other warm, more of the pack thing.

No criticism is intended in that, it’s just an observation from many years with dogs.

3 Likes

We have a mutt that lives in the house. We have 3 Great Pyrnies that live outside. They are stock protection dogs. They keep varmints from attacking our other animals. They have food and water at all times. They get summer haircuts so they don’t roast. There are places for them to get out of the weather. They go to the vet. But they are working dogs and live outside.

5 Likes

Same with our Pyrenees. Working dogs and they do their best work at night. The stock dogs came in for the night after ‘rounds’ when the Pyrenees came on shift.

5 Likes