...outer darkness II - a sons rebellion

No they are not , many people even use the Lords name in vain, Vainly call on God in time of deep trouble even though they themselves have never believed on him not just in him and confessed him in that God raised Jesus from the grave.
How can we have faith in God and the assurances of eternal life if at every turn we are in danger of spiliting hell wide open.
Is God the Father,The Son&Holy Spirit not able to keep you till the day of redemption?
Are we to live in fear ??

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1 John:4:18
I dont live in Fear because I not only spoke his name but I believed in faith. As I am sure you did . I can tell.
I think you wrest with the probably of something short curcuiting . That God wont hold up his end of the bargain.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans:6:23

I accepted his Gift.

2 Likes

They (again) confess to have been followers do they not?

By Looking diligently

Which is not the same as one and done, is it?

diligence to the full assurance

Ok, that’s a deeply personal question, if you are resisting subjection with a warning of damnation

and wrath

then perhaps you are equal to a non believer, in the same condemnation?

To that end

Not looking, no diligence?

Thus fail at grace?

Grace, unmerited favor, how can we get that if we resist contrary to warnings of damnation and wrath?

Thank you for saying so,

So you see, I was concerned when I did not

Men count slackness, men say God will forgive my shortcomings,

But what if those shortcomings are rejecting His Son in a manner that false prophets teach?

And how will you know if you do not test them?

2 Likes

I see what your saying,

The fear I spoke of was that of loosing Grace at every turn.
We are to have the reverential fear of God of his power and judgements .
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Psalm:111:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Proverbs:9:10
I dont go about trying to sin.

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Romans:6:14-15

I mess up from time to time as we all do . But this is …

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John:1:9

2 Likes

I know better than that, I am supposed to live my life for the Lord . I cant say Im without faults who can ? Can you ?

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
James:5:16
I could write a list of my faults. I know what they are. All I can do is ask for forgiveness and ask God to keep me from temptation and deliver me from evil.

Which false prophets are you referring to?
I dont adhere to the just shake the ministers hand put money in the plate and sit in the pew and think happy thoughts type modern false garbage. I come from a conservative biblical hell fire and brimstone unbringing and still adhere to that .

I know in whom I have believed I gave my heart to Jesus many years ago.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Romans:7:24

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
2 Timothy:1:12

2 Likes

Me as well, love hellfire and damnation preachers (with a 1611) and absolutely still tune into any good protestant preaching (when it can be found)

But I’ve written it very clearly

Those same hellfire damnation preachers reject delegation of authority

False includes “intentionally untrue, lying,” of religion, “not of the true faith, not in accord with Christian doctrines,” “false, fake; incorrect, mistaken; treacherous, deceitful” (12c., Modern French faux), from Latin falsus "deceptive, feigned, deceitful, pretend, which are more likely to fit our common understanding and many preachers who do it for an easy living, their livelihood feign words to fill pews with members

less common false means those who themselves are ignorant of what they preach

false (adj.)
…also “deceived, erroneous, mistaken,” past participle of fallere “deceive, disappoint,” which is of uncertain origin (see fail (v.)).

see fail, as in fail at grace?

You mention

yet those are taken from how many verses out of our 80 original books?

For that matter banking on less, 66 books, justifying removal of the rest with what diligence?

Children of the kingdom cast into outer darkness… Jesus saying I never knew you, written off, still assured by a few passages.

And if ignored, how about the worldwide acceptance of 666 as the number of the beast and of a man?

Its right there, plainly put,

count (v.)

late 14c., “to enumerate, assign numerals to successively and in order; repeat the numerals in order,” also “to reckon among, include,” from Old French conter “to count, add up,

The number of a man

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/age-of-majority-by-country

|China|18|
|United States|18|
|Pakistan|18|
|Nigeria|18|
|Brazil|18|
|Bangladesh|18|
|Russia|18|
|Ethiopia|18|
|Mexico|18|
|Philippines|18|
|DR Congo|18|
|Turkey|18|
|Germany|18|
|Tanzania|18|
|United Kingdom|18|
|France|18|
|South Africa|18|
|Italy|18|
|Kenya|18|
|Colombia|18|
|Uganda|18|
|Sudan|18|
|Spain|18|
|Iraq|18|
|Argentina|18|
|Afghanistan|18|
|Poland|18|
|Canada|18|
|Morocco|18|
|Ukraine|18|
|Angola|18|
|Uzbekistan|18|
|Mozambique|18|
|Ghana|18|
|Peru|18|
|Malaysia|18|
|Nepal|18|
|Venezuela|18|
|Niger|18|
|Australia|18|
|Syria|18|
|Mali|18|
|Taiwan|18|
|Burkina Faso|18|
|Sri Lanka|18|
|Malawi|18|
|Kazakhstan|18|
|Chile|18|
|Romania|18|
|Chad|18|
|Ecuador|18|
|Guatemala|18|
|Senegal|18|
|Netherlands|18|
|Zimbabwe|18|
|Guinea|18|
|Rwanda|18|
|Benin|18|
|Burundi|18|
|Bolivia|18|
|Tunisia|18|
|Haiti|18|
|Belgium|18|
|Dominican Republic|18|
|Jordan|18|
|South Sudan|18|
|Sweden|18|
|Papua New Guinea|18|
|Czech Republic|18|
|Azerbaijan|18|
|Tajikistan|18|
|Greece|18|
|Portugal|18|
|Hungary|18|
|Belarus|18|
|Israel|18|
|Togo|18|
|Sierra Leone|18|
|Austria|18|
|Switzerland|18|
|Laos|18|
|Nicaragua|18|
|Serbia|18|
|Libya|18|
|Paraguay|18|
|Bulgaria|18|
|Turkmenistan|18|
|El Salvador|18|
|Republic of the Congo|18|
|Denmark|18|
|Central African Republic|18|
|Slovakia|18|
|Finland|18|
|Liberia|18|
|Norway|18|
|Palestine|18|
|Costa Rica|18|
|Lebanon|18|
|Ireland|18|
|Mauritania|18|
|Oman|18|
|Panama|18|
|Croatia|18|
|Eritrea|18|
|Georgia|18|
|Mongolia|18|
|Uruguay|18|
|Moldova|18|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina|18|
|Gambia|18|
|Albania|18|
|Jamaica|18|
|Armenia|18|
|Qatar|18|
|Botswana|18|
|Lithuania|18|
|Guinea Bissau|18|
|Slovenia|18|
|Latvia|18|
|Equatorial Guinea|18|
|Trinidad and Tobago|18|
|Estonia|18|
|Mauritius|18|
|Cyprus|18|
|Djibouti|18|
|Fiji|18|
|Comoros|18|
|Guyana|18|
|Bhutan|18|
|Solomon Islands|18|
|Luxembourg|18|
|Suriname|18|
|Montenegro|18|
|Cape Verde|18|
|Malta|18|
|Maldives|18|
|Brunei|18|
|Belize|18|
|Bahamas|18|
|Iceland|18|
|Vanuatu|18|
|Barbados|18|
|Sao Tome and Principe|18|
|Saint Lucia|18|
|Micronesia|18|
|Tonga|18|
|Seychelles|18|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|18|
|Antigua and Barbuda|18|
|Andorra|18|
|Dominica|18|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis|18|
|Liechtenstein|18|
|Monaco|18|
|San Marino|18|
|Palau|18|
|Nauru|18|

You’ve been assured its 666 right?

No doubt in that assurance?

his number is Six hundred threescore and six

if you do not count it as instructed

and of course as understood

Let him that hath understanding

understand (v.)
Old English understandan “to comprehend, grasp the idea of, receive from a word or words or from a sign the idea it is intended to convey; to view in a certain way,”

What about the first part, Here is wisdom.?

Note the period?

wisdom (n.)
Old English wisdom “knowledge, learning, experience,”

If the assurance is 666 and the knowledge is 18, can one whom assures be a priest?

Priest, presbyter “elder of the Christian church,” ?

If the elder errors in a church with essentially no other doctrine short of a few verses from the bible, ignoring the rest, Romans XIII no doubt among them, where is the assurance?

Remember, the elders in the protestant religion deny works?

works meet for repentance?

Luther hated the book of James as it wrote about works, he called it an epistle of straw and wanted it removed from the bible,

Luthers cannon and Luthers Antilegomena disputed much of the bible

And repudiated the Pope.

So yes, I left a hellfire damnation church and entered the Roman Catholic Church praise God.

I pray others will as well, but, can they if they are not called?

Repent and do the first works.

First works includes confirmation

Meaning “verification, proof, supporting evidence” is from late 14c. Meaning “act of rendering valid by formal assent of authority”

If baptized you will not be baptized again either, no putting Him to open shame twice.

or, you can remain a protestant, a protester, and protest the delegation of authority from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2 Likes