Over 50% of households have a firearm

After doing a lot of research on this, let me tell you, it’s not that easy to find this stuff. It’s either shifted hard left, or hard right. But. We already know about 1/3 of Americans own a firearm. The loony far left will say well, that leaves 2/3 that don’t so we have the majority. That got me thinking. Well, I’m a gun owner, but have four people in my household. What I have found is as of 2016 about 44% of households admitted to owning firearms in the home, on the property, or in the car. 51% said no, with 5% not answering.

With this said, anyone without a gun has no reason to claim they do. While a home with a gun has a chance of saying no, we do not have a gun in the home. Finally, those who do not answer are most likely gun owners. In my opinion, this shifts the percentage of gun owning households 5%-10% towards owning. This places the majority of households as owning firearms. I believe this is a far more accurate measuring stick than overall gun owners. In the case of my home alone, one owner, four users.

Screenshot_58

Sorry gun control, but once again, you are wrong.

Dan

7 Likes

If you wouldn’t mind sourcing all this, I’d love to have it on hand in case it would ever come in handy.

4 Likes

This one here seemed to be well balanced.

3 Likes

This one is older, but still good information.

3 Likes

And finally, this one. After talking with a lot of gun owners, many say the same thing. I would say no if asked. This is why I personally believe the total household ownership is much higher than what is reported in the data.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/05/daniel-zimmerman/statistics/

5 Likes

I’m in Texas and I think that everyone that I know owns at least one firearm. And quite a few of us own dozens.

5 Likes

^ I’m with grumpy old man (nice name by the way). In fact I know people from both coasts, the UK and from Canada that have them on Texas. The latter two tell me it’s quite liberating to have this right with much less restriction than from their native country.

4 Likes

I’ve talked to a lot of people from all over the world, most of them wish they had options.

2 Likes

This is quite true. Poor Aussies, they got screwed just like the U.K. it’s a shame because of the immense respect I have for both of these countries’ regular citizens. F their governments.

5 Likes

I get people from those areas arguing all the time about how great it is. I tell them a caged bird will never understand the freedom of flight. They just don’t understand. Firearm ownership is a big part of our culture, To give that up would change the US in a drastic way. It’s like banning beer in Germany.

2 Likes

I must be fortunate? Perhaps if they make their way to Texas they are already gravitating to somewhere they’d like to be with more rights and freedom than their homelands? Haven’t ran in to and militant Brit or Aussie telling me their country is better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I deal with it on Twitter every single day. There’s always someone that claims to be a constitutional scholar, or speaks for every single person in their country.

2 Likes

Ah that’s the internet for you. Ignore those douches, I do. The people who leave their country and come here are the people you want to deal with. Most of them are on our side. Plus they are a ton of fun!

1 Like

It’s what I do, got nearly 30k followers on Twitter

3 Likes

Mister_Torgue, et al:

If I am not mistaken, both Australia and the U.K., have Rebecca Peters to “thank” for their loss of gun rights. Obama loved her credentials so much that he hired her for his administration to attempt the same outcome in the USA. Fortunately, they did not succeed.

3 Likes

*fuck THE government

2 Likes

Thank goodness we are rid of that horrible set of human beings.

4 Likes

Democrats who are screaming the most to take away your guns are SELLING guns.Democrat hypocrite

6 Likes

This is kinda old news. But the really frustrating thing is that he was sentenced in 2016 to only 5 years and $20k. The articles I recall said he was convicted on corruption chargers and while “promising” to sell weapons to undercover FBI (and accepting money for them) none actually changed hands. But that’s just to the FBI. Who knows what actually happened before that. This guys always been dirty.
What frosts my cookies is only a 5 years sentence. I’m left to wonder what the sentence would be to a pro 2A conservative in the same situation.

6 Likes

"There are more than 393 million civilian-owned firearms in the United States, or enough for every man, woman and child to own one and still have 67 million guns left over.

Those numbers come from the latest edition of the global Small Arms Survey, a project of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva.

The report, which draws on official data, survey data and other measures for 230 countries, finds that global firearm ownership is heavily concentrated in the United States. In 2017, for instance, Americans made up 4 percent of the world’s population but owned about 46 percent of the entire global stock of 857 million civilian firearms.

With an estimated 120.5 guns for every 100 residents, the firearm ownership rate in the United States is twice that of the next-highest nation, Yemen, with just 52.8 guns per 100 residents. In raw number terms, the closest country to the United States is India, with 71.1 million firearms in circulation. These numbers do not include firearms owned by law enforcement agencies or militaries.

On gun ownership, the United States stands out among the world’s wealthiest nations, with an ownership rate more than three times higher than the rate in the next-highest country, Canada. The gun ownership rate in the United States is more than six times higher than the average among similar wealthy nations in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development."

Source:

A post I shared in a hunting forum a few years back and why I believe it’s true;

America’s Hunters - The World’s Largest Army!

In WWII, Japan’s highest ranking naval officer was Isoruku Yamamoto. Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard University. There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote attributed to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war to American soil:

“You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.”
Here is why he was correct:
America’s Hunters. The World’s Largest Army.
The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That’s great, considering there were over 600,000 hunters that got permits this year.
Allow me to restate that number.
Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.
But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan’s 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
And that is just FOUR states.
The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from 23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on annual data provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.)
As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.

Hunting - it’s not just a way to fill the freezer. It’s a matter of national security!!!

9 Likes